none
Resource Engagement functionality. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was able to create an Engagement where I requested a Generic resource, and then I replaced the Generic with a named, and approved the Engagement. It did show up on my Resource Sheet as Committed, but it didn't replace the Generic on the tasks. I had to do that manually. Is there a way for this to be done automatically? What's the best article or publication for describing the Engagement functionality, I don't want to overdue it with my questions.

Thanks, Ray Wohltman

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:34 PM

Answers

• Ray --

You just discovered one of the most FRUSTRATING features of using Resource Engagements.  What you are seeing is not a bug.  When you assign a Generic resource to tasks and then create a Resource Engagement for the Generic resource, and an RM replaces the Generic with a human, Microsoft Project DOES NOT replace the Generic with the human on tasks.  I would personally recommend that you display the Gantt Chart view and then apply the Using Resource... filter to display only the tasks assigned to the Generic resource.  Select all of the filtered tasks and then display the Assign Resources dialog.  In the Assign Resources dialog, use the Replace functionality to replace the Generic resource with the human resource on the selected tasks.

Also, do not hesitate to ask more questions about Resource Engagements.  Your questions are always appreciated and I am glad to answer them for you!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:17 PM