AutoSuggest Drop-Down: iexplore.exe - Application Error RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't used IE7 for months due to its sluggish behavior. and now when i open IE7 to browse anything, it goes dead slow and a point of time, i get the following error message:

The instruction at "0x04422170" referenced memory at "0x04422170". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program

and the error message box pops out repeatedly when i click on the OK or close the box.

In a nutshell, I can't use IE7 at all! my automatic update is on but i'm using a pirated MS Windows XP Professional SP2.

Monday, August 4, 2008 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You are in the wrong place and you realy have no recourse to ask for help if you are using a pirated copy of Windows, but that said...

The instruction at "0x04422170" referenced memory at "0x04422170". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program - these errors are caused by incompatible Addons (most probably any early version of the Google Toolbar or Google Desktop Search).

Test by running IE7 in no-Addons mode. Start>(All) Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons)

Fix by uninstalling all Toolbar and Browser Helper Addons (Add/Remove Programs Applet) or Reset Intnernet Explorer settings -- Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - Reset button.

Do a thorough check of your 'puter for malware.

If you do not have a good reason for not purchasing a legitimate copy of Windows

Open the window next to your computer. Stand up, then throw your 'puter out the window!

Many Not for Profit Organizations are supported by MS with discounted software and generous discounts are available to school and college students. I would not expect you to go without food in order to purchase a legitimate windows version, but if that is your circumstances, then there are ways to obtain licenses for little or no expense.

I appreciate your honesty in declaring that you are using a pirated copy of Windows. Become letit! The pain will be worth the gain.

Regards.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are in the wrong place and you realy have no recourse to ask for help if you are using a pirated copy of Windows, but that said...

The instruction at "0x04422170" referenced memory at "0x04422170". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program - these errors are caused by incompatible Addons (most probably any early version of the Google Toolbar or Google Desktop Search).

Test by running IE7 in no-Addons mode. Start>(All) Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (no-Addons)

Fix by uninstalling all Toolbar and Browser Helper Addons (Add/Remove Programs Applet) or Reset Intnernet Explorer settings -- Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab - Reset button.

Do a thorough check of your 'puter for malware.

If you do not have a good reason for not purchasing a legitimate copy of Windows

Open the window next to your computer. Stand up, then throw your 'puter out the window!

Many Not for Profit Organizations are supported by MS with discounted software and generous discounts are available to school and college students. I would not expect you to go without food in order to purchase a legitimate windows version, but if that is your circumstances, then there are ways to obtain licenses for little or no expense.

I appreciate your honesty in declaring that you are using a pirated copy of Windows. Become letit! The pain will be worth the gain.

Regards.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:24 PM
  • Well, thanks a lot for the help. Actually i've worked out the solution myself. Just tried disabling all add-ons and all the problems gone. I find the method repeated in your reply. I salute your concern.

and a few words...
    I'm from a country whose per capita income is $455 and listed 157th country by GDP. I don't know if  these sort of things ever concerns you. Let me make it clear to you. Tuition fees for my 4 years Graduation cost less than the cost of  "Windows XP Professional"($300); let alone the cost of MS Office and other legitimate software. My fully fueled Athlon XP machine with 250GB HDD, 256MB graphics  & 2GB memory costs only $300 because my gov. has waived tax on these products. Now how can you expect me to buy an authentic OS when I can buy a pirated one for ¢40! And we are privileged until 2013 to become capable of fighting piracy. And why I would beg to get a copy of WGA *********?

Obviously I'm ashemed of using a pirated OS & Office package. And I'm getting prepared to get rid of this burden. I've already choose the side of GNU & GPL and getting habituated to those applications.I am using Open Office most of the time for the last couple of months.  90% of my applications now are under GNU/GNP Licence. I've almost replaced my options and the irony is that always the switched one was found better! I'm not ready to switch to Linux yet but I've decided on switching to "Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS (Hardy Heron)" and requested a CD which I hope on the way to my home. And this was the time when you hit me on my paucity.
    Yes, I knew this was not my place; I even don't want it to be my place. But you are wrong in a major concern! You just can't confine knowledge with silly licence. Of course I have & I'll always have recourse to ask help whenever I need. Believe me!

It was nice talking you.. By the time I talk to you further (I doubt it though), hopefully I'll be using 100% Legitimate OS and the others..

N.B. I don't even use IE which I mentioned in the first place. I Just hate lack of Knowledge about anything that is happening around me.
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:50 AM
  • No Problems, quite understandable. My irritations were directed towards those who can afford legitimate licences but out of spite choose not to. We are not all Microsoft employees here. Most are volunteers and enthusiasts and it is discouraging that support is expected gratis when no dues have been paid by those who could otherwise afford it.

Regards.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 8:02 AM
  • <script type="text/javascript">

function doUnload()

{

if (window.event.clientX < 0 && window.event.clientY < 0)

{

// var flag

// var mesg ="You are closing the window. do you want to continue. Click 'Ok' to close or click 'Cancel' to stay back";

// return mesg;

//window.alert('Do u Really want close');

// alert("You r Logout");

window.open('../Public/sessionlogoutsuccessful.aspx',null,'height=225,width=400')

window.onunload = onBeforeUnloadAction();

}

window.onunload = onBeforeUnloadAction();

}

</script>

this code is run in ie 6 bt not work in ie7 & FF

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

You are off topic. Post a new thread with your new question.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:45 AM