none
Process Explorer block my windows installer package RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm running Process Explorer (Windows Internals tool), my installer package always fails and prompt as below:

Service "xxxxxx" could not be isntalled. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

But when I close Process Explorer,  the installation success.

Does Process Explorer could block the windows install package ?

Friday, December 9, 2016 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Wang Zhengzhang,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I have test it on my pc, a windows installer package could be installed successfully on my pc when I'm running Process Explorer.

>>Service "xxxxxx" could not be isntalled. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

The issue occurs when the Service account does not have the correct permissions. Please run the installer as administrator and during installation while error is shown, go to Services.msc. Find the service which throws the error, then re-enter the password in the service's log-in information or change the ‘Log on as’ information from ‘This Account’ to ‘Local System Account’.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 3:01 AM