Using web service reference got strange compilation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I used several link to web services in project. Had no problem until today I got some new link and after compiling code got an error in code autogenerated by visualstudio.

this is two conflicting definitions:

/// <remarks/>

[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Order=1)]

public string id {

get {

return this.idField;

}

set {                                // here we got error reference

this.idField = value;

this.RaisePropertyChanged("id");

}

}

/// <remarks/>

[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Order=4)]

public string set_id {

get {

return this.set_idField;

}

set {

this.set_idField = value;

this.RaisePropertyChanged("set_id");

}

}

Ошибка 1 Класс "virtualVasilySokolov.Anubis.Item" уже содержит определение для "set_id" \\psf\Home\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\virtualVasilySokolov\virtualVasilySokolov\Service References\Anubis\Reference.cs 1348 13 virtualVasilySokolov

Friday, June 19, 2015 10:56 AM

Answers

• The setter of the "id" property is named set_id and you also have a property named set_id.

That's quite unfortunate but there's not much you can do if you want to continue using autogenerated service references, you need to change the name of the set_id property in the web service.

If that's not possible then you'll have to manually modify the autogenerated file and change the name of the set_id property to something else. To keep serialization working you have to add ElementName = "set_id" to the XmlElementAttribute of the set_id property.

• Marked as answer by vbmchik Friday, June 19, 2015 11:49 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 11:07 AM

All replies

• The setter of the "id" property is named set_id and you also have a property named set_id.

That's quite unfortunate but there's not much you can do if you want to continue using autogenerated service references, you need to change the name of the set_id property in the web service.

If that's not possible then you'll have to manually modify the autogenerated file and change the name of the set_id property to something else. To keep serialization working you have to add ElementName = "set_id" to the XmlElementAttribute of the set_id property.

• Marked as answer by vbmchik Friday, June 19, 2015 11:49 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 11:07 AM
  • Thank you a lot! Got just stuck in the middle of the day... Thank you!
    Friday, June 19, 2015 11:50 AM
  •  <xs:element name="id" type="xs:string" />

This I got from wsdl generated after connection to service.

So, I changed id, but nothing happened...

I am not very familiar with WEB service references complete structure.

Maybe I must edit some other files?

Friday, June 19, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hmm, you're not supposed to change the WSDL directly, you should change the web service itself, provide that you have control over it.
    Friday, June 19, 2015 2:15 PM
  • web service is external one... Okey, I can use direct parsing soap xml..

Thank you again!!! 

Have a nice day

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:17 PM
  • "Okey, I can use direct parsing soap xml.."

Well, I suppose you could do that too but it's likely simpler to edit the Reference.cs file generated by Visual Studio. I suppose that earlier that when mentioned editing the WSDL that's what you were trying to do but you really only need to edit the .cs file. Something like:

[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Order=4, ElementName="set_id")]
            public string setid {
                get {
                    return this.set_idField;
                }
                set {
                    this.set_idField =  value;
                    this.RaisePropertyChanged("setid");
                }
            }

You can give whatever name you want to that property as long the XmlElementAttribute mentions the real name of the XML element.

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:20 PM