How to remove broken data model in PoverPivot RRS feed

• Question

• I added data model in my home pc that linked to my office server.  But there is no link between my home pc and server.  Now every time I open excel, I kept getting this messages: An issue with the Data Model is preventing Microsoft from opening this workbook. Try restarting excel.  But when I restarted excel, I got the same message.  Could you help me how to fix it by completely remove data model from my excel. 

I have Window 10

Dell touch desktop

office 360

excel2016

I tried re installed office.  But when I upgraded it, message came out again.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi wantfit,

For your issue, you’d better to do by the following solutions and check if it's successfully.

1. You  go under Data->Connections and try to remove the connection and if there does it happen as well.

2. Close the xlsx in question->open the xlsx with favorite zip tool->delete the ''/xl/model" folder->open xlsx with Excel again and respond to prompts that Excel needs to make repairs to the file.

More details, you could refer to this similar thread.

If you have any questions , please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Angelia

Monday, September 5, 2016 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi wantfit,

For your issue, you’d better to do by the following solutions and check if it's successfully.

1. You  go under Data->Connections and try to remove the connection and if there does it happen as well.

2. Close the xlsx in question->open the xlsx with favorite zip tool->delete the ''/xl/model" folder->open xlsx with Excel again and respond to prompts that Excel needs to make repairs to the file.

More details, you could refer to this similar thread.

If you have any questions , please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Angelia

Monday, September 5, 2016 8:18 AM
  • (2) fixed the problem with a corrupt data model

many thanks

Monday, March 18, 2019 11:38 PM