dvd reinstalling RRS feed

• Question

• my dvd/cd player on my acer laptop computer has been accidently deleted. How do I get the player re-installed on my laptop?
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:46 PM

All replies

• I'll ask standard question first.Have you restarted your computer?

Ok assuming restarting the computer did not bring the DVD player back first eject any dvd's. Even if you know eject any anyways.

Place a working DVD in the tray and see if it shows up. Sometimes if there isn't a cd/dvd or they are not readable windows will not show the drive.

If that doesn't work right click on MyComputer (Or Computer, Or MyPC) depending which version of windows you are using and go to properties.

Then on left side go to device manager then under DVD/CD-ROM see if your drive is there. If you have multiple drives list but only one drive you may need to remove the extra drives.

If it is listed double click on it and try to roll back the driver. You should restart.

If it is not in the list then when restarting your laptop you need to get into system in most cases pressing F2 will get you there.

Once there make sure your device is enabled.

Thats all I can recommend for now. Let us know the results. The more information the better.

• Proposed as answer by Broggy69 Friday, July 10, 2015 5:47 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:05 PM