designer unhandled exception - VS2012 Ultimate - Win8 - even for new blank app

Question

• Hi I just installed VS 2012 Ultimate and I create new Blank Windows Store App (C#) and I want to design the app but I always get designer unhandled exception. I tried uninstall VS2012 and reinstall but it does not help. I also tried Blend / VS Express 2012 both does not work. Well, at least one thing work, when I create an Windows Form application... but I want to use WPF...

An unhandled exception has occurred.

Details:

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException

[3176] Designer process terminated unexpectedly!

at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain.Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IIsolationDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String assemblyCodeBase, String typeName) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize() at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedExportProvider.Initialize() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExpressionHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateExportProvider(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, ICatalogFactory catalogFactory, IExportFilter filter) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken) at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<StartTask>b__6() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:14 AM

Answers

• Do you want to create a WPF app or a Windows Store app?

Do you get this app without any changes from the template? Are you able to build and run the app?

--Rob

Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Did you ever install any Preview versions of the Windows Phone 8 SDKs?

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Visual Studio and Blend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:37 AM

All replies