none
TechNet account issues RRS feed

• Question

• I could not post here on TechNet, so I've tried my luck at Microsoft Community (thread) and got redirected here. Luckily, I've just found my old and forgotten account, so I repost here, hoping for any help.

A while ago (2019-08-21 to be precise), I've noticed that my TechNet account Adam the 32-bit Aardvark is experiencing some problems. Namely, when trying to open any forum thread, an error popped out:

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Thinking it is a temporary issue, I didn't start to panic. The problem; however, continues. When I looked into it, it turns out that all my forum posts, including those chosen as best answers, are crossed out.

It seems that I have been banned. The problem is, I don't recall going against the community guidelines.

Is there any way to get unbanned? Or, at the very least, learn what happened? I enjoy helping users and admins in need and there are loads of them on TechNet forums. I'd like to continue helping, but with the account banned, I don't see how could I do that.

www.codetwo.com/?sts=3470 If this post helps resolve your issue, please click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

• Edited by Conan the Coder Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:48 AM Copied unnecessary formatting
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:46 AM

Answers

• I'd agree, usually when I see blank activity like that it means the account was banned. Banning here is permanent and not reversible. It looks like there was not many points involved. Creating a new account was the simplest solution.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• I'd agree, usually when I see blank activity like that it means the account was banned. Banning here is permanent and not reversible. It looks like there was not many points involved. Creating a new account was the simplest solution.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:03 PM
  • Thank you for replying. To be honest, that's not what I wanted to hear.

Is there really no way to "unban" the account? I haven't received any notification, I don't even know the reason why my account was blocked and why would anyone want to have it banned. I feel like I'm punished for trying to help people.

www.codetwo.com/?sts=3470 If this post helps resolve your issue, please click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:19 AM