none
SQL Azure portal RRS feed

• Question

• Sir

I was managing my SQL Azure database through the portal. Last week it asked me to install Microsoft Silverlight. I installed it (version 5) but after that SQL portal is not loading. It shows the status bar Loading 1%..2%....100% after that it shows only a blank page.

Pls help

Regards

Manoj

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:20 PM

Answers

• The portal that uses Silverlight is the older portal. Almost all of the functionality (plus a lot of new features) are in the HTML5 portal that can be accessed at http://manage.windowsazure.com. I would strongly recommend you use the HTML5 portal. Barring something you need to do in the Silverlight portal (Azure Reporting is the one I typically hear about), you may be able to completely sidestep your problems with Silverlight.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try clear all the browser's cache. Try another browser also.

You can use SQL Server Management Studio "in case of emergency".

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:27 PM
  • Sir

I tried after clearing the cache. Still not getting.

I used the Management Studio, it connected to the server but not loading the objects in the object explorer. I could manage only through query. When tried to load the databse in the object explorer it is showing error "sys.configuration error". Pls help

Regrads

Manoj

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

You have to use SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 or later version.

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

Monday, December 31, 2012 7:45 PM
  • The portal that uses Silverlight is the older portal. Almost all of the functionality (plus a lot of new features) are in the HTML5 portal that can be accessed at http://manage.windowsazure.com. I would strongly recommend you use the HTML5 portal. Barring something you need to do in the Silverlight portal (Azure Reporting is the one I typically hear about), you may be able to completely sidestep your problems with Silverlight.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:54 AM