Reading Microphone Input RRS feed

• Question

• I want to put a VU meter in my app to display the microphone input.  I have the microphone setup and recording in my app but how do I read it so I can put it in a meter?
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi qualar1,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools . In order to give the best answers to you, we need to know more accurate information for your question , please utilize tagging when posting to this forum , thanks !

If you have used the Audio graphs, you can use the LimiterEffectDefinition Class, it has the Loudness property. You can find how to use the code in the Scenario5_InboxEffects class of the AudioCreation sample.

Best regards,

Breeze  Liu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Breeze Liu Monday, March 6, 2017 9:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by qualar1 Monday, March 6, 2017 12:24 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi qualar1,

As far as I know, there is no an Api to read the volume level of an input as you described above.

Best regards,

Breeze Liu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by qualar1 Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi qualar1,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools . In order to give the best answers to you, we need to know more accurate information for your question , please utilize tagging when posting to this forum , thanks !

If you have used the Audio graphs, you can use the LimiterEffectDefinition Class, it has the Loudness property. You can find how to use the code in the Scenario5_InboxEffects class of the AudioCreation sample.

Best regards,

Breeze  Liu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Breeze Liu Monday, March 6, 2017 9:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by qualar1 Monday, March 6, 2017 12:24 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Thank you.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 12:24 PM
  • This did not help.  As far as I can see the Loudness property is just for setting volume not actually reading the volume level of an input.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 6:54 PM
  • Hi qualar1,

As far as I know, there is no an Api to read the volume level of an input as you described above.

Best regards,

Breeze Liu

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by qualar1 Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:46 AM
  • Thank you for the information.
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:29 AM