none
Replication from Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've followed the docs below and tripled checked everything on my master Azure VM MySQL but I cannot replicate to my Azure Database for MySQL. The VM uses SSH to connect to MySQL and I can connect to the VM MySQL via any SQL Client using SSH and my key.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/mysql/howto-data-in-replication#link-master-and-replica-servers-to-start-data-in-replication

From these docus I see

f the master server is hosted in an Azure VM, set "Allow access to Azure services" to "ON" to allow the master and replica servers to communicate with each other. This setting can be changed from the Connection security options. Refer to manage firewall rules using portal for more information.

I have done this and all I get now is the following output after executing the stored procs and starting replication

Key outputs from running the following command on the Azure Db for MySQL (slave) are

Slave_IO_state: Connecting to master

Slave_IO_Running: Connecting

Slave_SQL_Running_State: Slave has read all relay log; waiting for more updates

It hasn't progressed from this point for hours - any ideas???

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Luke,

Is the SSH Tunnel something that is persisted and how is the SSH Tunnel endpoint determined with the Azure Database for MySQL (DPaaaS) service? Can you create an SSH Tunnel with this Azure Database for MySQL (DPaaS) service directly from your client? I realize that you can create an SSH Tunnel to the VM instance but I am curious if you can do the same with the Azure Database for MySQL (DPaaS) service?

In the following step: Link master and replica servers to start Data-in Replication are you using the SSH certificate in place of the SSL certificate per the instructions?

Without actually trying to set this up, I do not believe the Azure Database for MySQL (DPaaS) service supports SSH. It is set-up for SSL connectivity. Can you follow the documentation to set-up SSL and ensure the following is established in the replica (Azure Database for MySQL):

CALL mysql.az_replication_change_master('<master_host>', '<master_user>', '<master_password>', 3306, '<master_log_file>', <master_log_pos>, '<master_ssl_ca>');

This needs to be run on the replica (DPaaS), not master (IaaS VM).  

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:49 PM