none
Home ribbon View icons disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Today I noticed that the View icons on my Access 2013 Home tab were disabled (screenshot below).   When I right-click on a table name, then open it, the View icons become enabled. When I close the table the View icons are disabled again. 

I tried going into Options/Customize Ribbon, clicked "Reset", then closed and opened Access, but nothing changed.  There is no USysRibbons table.

The only thing I can think of that I did differently today was import a table containing MVF fields without importing the corresponding lookup tables.

I'm running Office 2013 in a VMWare Player Windows 8.1 virtual machine.  All VMWare and Microsoft updates have been applied (Office build info is below).  If anyone has an explanation and/or can tell me how to fix this, I would be grateful.

best,

Bruce Dodds

Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Talus07,

>> Today I noticed that the View icons on my Access 2013 Home tab were disabled (screenshot below).   When I right-click on a table name, then open it, the View icons become enabled. When I close the table the View icons are disabled again. 

It is expected behavior. If you do not open any Form, query or report, the enable button in the Home Tab is Cut and Copy. If you open one of Form, query or report, the enable buttons in the Home will change according the different object (Form, query or report). So, do not worry, you Access 2013 is OK, and it is not broken.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 27, 2015 7:27 AM

All replies

• Here are the screenshots missing from the post above.

Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:45 PM
  • Hi Talus07,

>> Today I noticed that the View icons on my Access 2013 Home tab were disabled (screenshot below).   When I right-click on a table name, then open it, the View icons become enabled. When I close the table the View icons are disabled again. 

It is expected behavior. If you do not open any Form, query or report, the enable button in the Home Tab is Cut and Copy. If you open one of Form, query or report, the enable buttons in the Home will change according the different object (Form, query or report). So, do not worry, you Access 2013 is OK, and it is not broken.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 27, 2015 7:27 AM