using storage spaces direct through azurestack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I heard that it is now possible to use a Microsoft storage spaces direct storage through the azure stack portal.

so having not just the resources in the certified appliances. but when you  have storage outside the stack which can be used.

I cannot find the information about this ?

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Azure Stack is built on Storage Spaces Direct which allows you to offer Highly Available clusters that scale out on demand.  You can integrate your On Prem ADDS with ADFS, SQL Servers and backup file servers.  

Specifically, what are you trying to accomplish?

What kind of Workloads, Availability and BCDR do you require?

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:02 PM
  • Hello,

If you’d like to see that functionality or any other feature in future interactions of Azure Stack,

please post your feature request on the Azure Stack User Voice forum and Vote for it.

NOTE: These post are reviewed by our PM Team weekly.

Azure Stack User Voice

We appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Azure Stack is built on Storage Spaces Direct which allows you to offer Highly Available clusters that scale out on demand.  You can integrate your On Prem ADDS with ADFS, SQL Servers and backup file servers.  

Specifically, what are you trying to accomplish?

What kind of Workloads, Availability and BCDR do you require?

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:02 PM
  • i know that it is build on storage spaces direct. but the drawback of azure stack is still that it is silo management. so when i buy a 12 node and want to expand it. i have to buy a new 12 nodes and don't have one management layer.

so i was already thinking 1,5 year ago that i would be nice if microsoft could integrate other microsoft related " services"  like a separate storage spaces direct solution and connect it to azure stack to use it.

Friday, April 20, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hello,

If you’d like to see that functionality or any other feature in future interactions of Azure Stack,

please post your feature request on the Azure Stack User Voice forum and Vote for it.

NOTE: These post are reviewed by our PM Team weekly.

Azure Stack User Voice

We appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:59 PM