none
Insufficient frame rate detected from Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hello fellow Kinect users,

Recently I got my hands on a Kinect as well as a short-range beamer and want to develop somekind of touchscreen interface with them.
    Unfortunately the framerate of my Kinect is pretty instable and some of the frames even include distortions like corrupt lines and tearing (see attached picture).
    Initially I suspected the cause for this in my imperfect implementation of opencv and coding-style.

Today I installed the new SDK-version (1408) which comes with the "Configuration verifier". Even there I get a "Insufficient frame rate detected from Kinect"-warning.
    -seems like the problem might be caused by something deeper than my freestyle coding.

The numbers of the system I use sound powerful to me, so I'm not sure where to search the bottleneck which causes the slow performance.

Here some infos of the setup:

Dell Precision 5600
    CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630@2.30Ghz (2CPU a 6Core + Hyperthreating = 24virtualCores)
    RAM: 32GB
    USB: Onboard, Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Hostcontroller - 0096 Microsoft 

(\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_04961028&REV_04)
    VGA: NVIDIA NVS 310

Anyone of you knows an useful hint where to search the cause of slow performance?

• Edited by dcp4ever Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:03 AM

All replies

• What is the GPU of the system? I don't know that having that many core is going to help as the runtime relies heavily on the GPU not CPU. There may be some odd scheduling happening, is there any way to disable the virtual cores?

This may be related to the Power Settings issues we are seeing. Are you seeing the issues with the D2D samples in addition to the .Net samples? Try running both a D2D-Sample and a WPF-Sample at the same time to ensure all CPU's are running at full power.

Is your USB3 on-board or is it a PCIx expansion card? Can you move it to another PCIx slot?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:56 PM