none
my VS2015 builds virus infected exe files

Question

• I use VS 2015 community to make a program. Even if the program contains an empty form or just with a button. It is very stupit since i reseted my computer and checkt it for viruses with windows Defender. Before reset I used Norton anti-virus. no meter what I do I get on virustotal.com that the file containes viruses:

AegisLab ->          Variant.Zusy        20160330
    Qihoo-360-> HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen

does any one know what should I do to avoid that, and way does it happen?

With best regards

prunich

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi prunich,

Thanks for your post.

I am not quite understand your problem. It seems like the anti-virus software scan the viruses in the files created in your VS2015 Community?

As far as I know, the program created in VS2015 Community will not bring the anti-virus. If your create a new simple program in your VS2015 Community.

And use anti-virus to scan the file. You still get the file contains viruses. In this case, I suppose the cause is not in your VS, the cause is probably in your OS environment itself.

Also I suggest you'd better use VS2015 Community without using another anti-virus software to avoid some unexpceted errors.

If I misunderstood your problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hello Lake Xiao,

thank you very much for your fast replay. I really appreciate
    it and sorry for confusing question. I will try to explain more explicitly.

I observed the following on my computer: I build my
    program with VS. After the exe file was created I loaded it on virustotal.com
    and checked for viruses. Surprisingly, I get that the file is infected by a
    virus. As you already supposed I thought that my computer is infected. So I
    decided to reset my operating system (win10) with removing all user data and
    programs. Then I installed VS again and tried to build a program - just a form with
    a button on it which closes the form if the button is pressed. Then, I built
    the program and loaded it on virustotal.com and checked it on viruses again. The
    result was the same the - program is infected.

The antivirus AegisLab climes the file has a “Variant.Zusy
    virus

and the antivirus Qihoo-360 that the file has a “HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen
    virus.

Now I reset my computer to the original factory settings
    with win8.1 but no success has been observed. The
    virustotal.com Shows that the files generated by VS2015 community are infected by viruses showed. The code was digitally signed.

May be there are some options in VS which allow to avoid this problem? What could I else try?

the executables generated by Delphi IDE has no viruses, positive false and are not suspicious.

With best regards

prunich

• Edited by prunich Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:13 PM
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:40 AM
  • Hi prunich,

>>and the antivirus Qihoo-360 that the file has a “HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen
    virus.

I have found some other members encountered the same problem to yours.

The cause of the problem is that the exe file was not in the list in your anti-virus software. So it will regard your exe file as a virus.

To avoid this problem, one idea is that you need contact with the development of the anti-virus and add the program into the trust list.

Or you need only disable the anti-virus software.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, April 01, 2016 1:06 AM
  • Hi Lake Xiao,

Yesterday I played around with configuration of the VS2015, and I observed that if I check "Optimize code" in projekt Options the Virus alert “Variant.Zusy” of the AegisLab antivirus disappear. Nevertheless, the "HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen" of the Qihoo-360 antivirus remains warning.

But I observed a very interesting thing. I installed yesterday also the VS2010Express on my Computer. I build also a program containing a simple form with a button on it closing the form when it pressed. I signed the code and built the executable. Than I loaded it on virustotal.com and tested it. No viruses were founded, it was clean without false positive. So this means that it is possible to make a program  in .NET framework without virus suspicions and the problem is in VS2015community version. it's a pity. I regret that I started with VS2015. I don't want to ask the antivirus companies to add my program to their white list because my Program is not so important, the only thing I want is that the users of my program and myself have no suspicions about viruses my program. May be I should ask Microsoft about that? What do you think?

With best regards

Friday, April 01, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Hi prunich,

>>Than I loaded it on virustotal.com and tested it. No viruses were founded,

If there is no virus found for the exe file created in VS2010. And the problem is only in VS2015 Community.

In this case, I think you can contact with the Microsoft support team. But I am afraid you will not get a better reply from them. May be you could try it .

You could submit it in the site below:

http://connect.microsoft.com

Hope you will get a reply there.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, April 01, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Hey, there, sorry to hijack this thread but there was never any problem with VS10 compiles.

I have a similar issue with Qihoo and more importantly Windows Defender using this software, It's impossible to download the file (unmanaged C++) without it being deleted by Defender. Do the Defender team have a false positive section?

A natural, B flat, C sharp, D compile

Sunday, June 26, 2016 12:56 PM
  • You can resolve this issue by Signing your assembly. After signing try to test it with VirusTotal it won't show any error regardless of visual studio version.

To check if an assembly is signed you can use the VS developer command prompt:

C:\> sn -v C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll

Further readings on How to sign an Assembly?

Sign an Assembly with a Strong Name

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 6:48 PM