none
Does Azure Data Factory Salesforce Copy Activity support Relationship Fields in the Header row?

Question

• Hi, 

I am building an integration from Azure to Salesforce using the Data Factory with a Copy Activity from Azure Blob to Salesforce. I want to utilize Salesforce standard for referencing Lookup Fields in the Head Row in the CSV for the records being upserted. Ref this link: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_asynch.meta/api_asynch/datafiles_csv_rel_field_header_row.htm 

I have verified this is working for Bulk API in Salesforce Workbench and I have used it in similar scenarios outside of Microsoft Azure. But when I run this now I get this: 

EDIT: 1111111 is my External ID field for Account object

Activity Copy_CustomObject__c failed: Failure happened on 'Sink' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorSalesforceOperationFailed,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=MALFORMED_ID:Account: id value of incorrect type: 1111111:Account__c --,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Runtime.SalesforceConnector,'

I see that the Copy Activity is using the Bulk API 1.0, but still: this should be supported since it is a standard solution from Salesforce. 

Is this a bug in the Copy Activity? Is there a workaround (beside handling this in Salesforce)?

• Edited by Erikduvet Friday, April 20, 2018 3:00 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Erikduvet,

The error seems to be caused by an invalid id value in the Azure Blob.  Is "1111111" the exact value you are trying to write into Salesforce?  That won't succeed because it's an invalid value of id field.

Thanks,

David

Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:17 AM