none
Combobox multiple field with checker boxes turns into a simple list field after saving, closing and opening again RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

With MS Access 2010 and Professional 2013.

In a table I've field "Countries" which is a combobox with multiple sélections. The combobox works perfectly well in the table.

I've a form created from this table.
    When using the option "Adding existing field" and by doulbe clicking on the "Countries" field, the combobox multiple added on the form works fine. Then I save, close and reopen (or even change several times the view mode from Layout to Design and Form views): the combobox has not checker boxes anymore: the "control source" property field of the combobox turned automatically from "countries" to "countries.value", and I cannot edit it back to "countries" without Access changing it back to "countries.value"

Note that when creating a new form by selecting the table, and "create a form" the combobox works perfectly fine even after saving and closing the form, or changing the views.

Any ideas? (instead of recreating the form from scratch!)

Thanks

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Steed75,

>> I cannot edit it back to "countries" without Access changing it back to "countries.value"

I made a test with your description, but I failed to reproduce your issue. My combobox datasource did not change, and it has checker boxes. I change it the control source to “countries.value” manually, and the checker boxes would disappear. But I am able to change it back. What do you mean with “cannot edit it back”? Did you mean if you change it back, the Access would change it to “countries.value” again? If so, I assume there might be some code to change the control source.

I suggest you check your code whether there is some code to change the control source or you could change the name of countries combobox control, control source of countries combobox control, and then test again.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:52 AM