MVC3 and Firebird RRS feed

• Question

• User924117947 posted

Hi community.

I have a question. I developed a control system for my job, using Entity Framework (or LINQ, dunno the correct expression). The entity framework was used just for tests. Now i need to pass all (at least the fields) to a Firebird database.

Well, i have to assume, i didn't understand too much about SQL Connection in MVC.. i already installed the full Firebird 2.5, the ADO.Net Provider and i'm using the IBExpert framework. I already added the firebird reference on my project.

So, what's the next step? Someone has a tutorial to send me please?
    I don't know exactly what i should do, if i have to create by my own the tables and fields or if i can like "covert" the Models from entity framework to Firebird SQL tables and fields.

Thanks for your attention! :)
    ______

EDIT: I forget to mention, after created the tables and fields, have to modify dramatically the controller? Example..

[Authorize]
            public ViewResult Historico(int id)
            {
                var statusFinal = db.OS_Statuss.Where(s => s.Final == true).Select(s => s.StatusID).ToList();
                var os = db.OSs.Where(o => statusFinal.Contains(o.StatusId) && o.ClienteIDD == id);
                return View(os.ToList());
            }

[Authorize][HttpPost]
            public ActionResult Create(Cliente cliente)
            {
                if (ModelState.IsValid)
                {
                    db.Clientes.Add(cliente);
                    db.SaveChanges();
                    return RedirectToAction("Index");  
                }

return View(cliente);
            }

In this case, i'm using the LINQ database. As you can see in the code, the model names are written. Have to modify even this codes?

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:18 PM

All replies

• User-1828494216 posted

I have never worked with Firebird in my life, but checking their page I can see that EF is supported from Version 2.5.2. Why not leave everything as it is and use EF?

EF Power Tools can produce/output SQL Scripts to create the db if it helps.

I wish I could be more helpfull but as I said... Firebird... negative... :)

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:28 PM
  • User924117947 posted

Hehe, thanks for reply, but it's for my work, and they ask to use Firebird (cause all the other programs here uses Firebird database, i would use SQL Server, but what can i do..).

Anyone knows the any tutorial?
    Thanks in advanced. 

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:14 AM