Millions of "Network Error, HRESULT: 8000000E" Faults Per Day RRS feed

• Question

• We're currently seeing ~2.5 million "Network Error, HRESULT: 8000000E" errors from the Microsoft AdControl per day.

This number has been increasing and it is having an alarming impact on revenue.  We have a portfolio of top apps and drive millions of requests per day.

The issue is affecting all ad units and has been getting progressively worse since 4/19.

We've also filed support ticket #1383209637 with more information privately (i.e. to not disclose business data here).

The impact of this is dramatic, and am also posting this here to raise awareness as I suspect other users are being affected.

Note the dramatic fall off around 4/19 (correlating with the increase in error rate).  Also, 8000000E has been happening in somewhat high frequency, but bubbled to the top of our attention due to the 20% increase since 4/19.

Assistance is appreciated.

• Edited by optimiz3 Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:39 AM
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi optimiz3,

Anything update?

Please feel free to update here if you have any progress since you're not the only one having this issue.

@JC Wong, from your screenshot I see you also create a support ticket. Could you please provide your SR ticket number so that I can forward it to related team for looking into the issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by GroupFabric, Inc Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by GroupFabric, Inc Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by optimiz3 Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:44 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem. What is your target platform?
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:25 AM
  • My stats , after change to

Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI , before used Pubcenter

Requests  Impressions Fill rate  Clicks CTR 

554,554 36,481 6.578% 1 0.003%

Any solution?

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:47 PM
  • Hello,

Could you please provide your SDK version as well as your app name so that we can report them to related team to find more details?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:32 AM
  • Today I ported a Windows 8.1 app to Windows 10, and upgraded the ad sdk as appropriate and I am seeing the same issue described in this thread. At first I thought it might be because creating a new ad unit on the dev center takes a while to become active but it has been several hours now and the problem remains.

Requests for 300x250 almost always return: NetworkConnectionFailure (Network Error, HRESULT: 8000000E)

Once in a great while I will see: NoAdAvailable (No ad available. No additional information)

For some reason, requesting a 160x600 ad almost always works.

Using the testing app id and ad unit id works fine.

I am using: Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml, Version=10.0.0.0

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hi Matthew - we're seeing this in production on version 10.0.0, however we've also reproduced this in development on 10.0.2.

Thanks!
    Monday, April 24, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi optimiz3,

May I have your app name also since I need to reply and forward them to the related team? Or if it's not convenient to post it here I will let them check it via the tickets number as you might have provided there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Monday, April 24, 2017 6:50 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hi Matthew - I think dev team is engaged here as we have a separate mail thread going on over the issue.

Thanks!

Alex

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:00 AM
  • Thanks optimiz3 for this post! My fill rate dropped to 0.X% since 20th April. I asked the support and they told me it is common! What can i do to fix this error?

PS: Attaching a conversation with live chat with dev center support.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:24 AM
  • Hi optimiz3,

Anything update?

Please feel free to update here if you have any progress since you're not the only one having this issue.

@JC Wong, from your screenshot I see you also create a support ticket. Could you please provide your SR ticket number so that I can forward it to related team for looking into the issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by GroupFabric, Inc Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by GroupFabric, Inc Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by optimiz3 Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi optimiz3,

Anything update?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support

Hi Mattew,

I actually have 2 issues with my account.

1) I didn't receive my April payout which was scheduled. I noticed it went back to reserved pool recently. Ticket Ref: SRX1382997653ID

2) My Adunit is not throwing this error since 20th April Ticket Ref: SRX1383392939ID

The purpose for me sharing the screenshot is that I'm so surprised by the response from the live chat. My original intent was to report an issue to Microsoft and hope the engineers are aware and working on it. But the responses are simply too unprofessional.

Cheers,
    JC Wong.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Hi Matthew - I have not heard anything yet - more information specific to the app is in support ticket #1383209637 including fiddler traces.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:33 PM
  • I had the same problems. 

My fill rate is 0.4% since April 20th. But when debugging, I didn't get any errors and Ads were displaying normally.

I'm using Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml, Version=10.0.0.0.

I didn't received April payout, too.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Just as an update - we did have internal engagement with MSFT Advertising engineering and at this point it looks like everything is functioning correctly.  These errors peaked in frequency around May 8th after which there was steady decline in errors to the point where we're no longer observing them.
    Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:23 AM