subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Can we merge 2 subscription into 1?
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:25 PM

All replies

• in short  - no - there is no process of "merging" subscriptions.

You do have the option of moving resources between subscriptions

Details at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-resource-group-and-subscription

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:36 PM
  • You can't merge 2 subscriptions into 1.

I would recommend you to create Management group and move the subscriptions to other groups.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/governance/management-groups/overview

Regards,
    Manjunath Sullad

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:54 PM
  • Ultimately, the approach would depend on the intended goal.

If you want to have a single subscription only, then you can migrate resources from the other one (note that not all resources can be migrated).

If you want to manage multiple subscriptions in the consistent manner, then the suggestion from Manjunath could be of value)

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:09 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. But I did some practice test, its says two azure subscription can be merged into single by creating support request? the answer is yes? 
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:13 PM
  • You can request Azure support to help you with moving resources between subscriptions - so you would be able to have the same set of resources distributed across two subscription combined into one subscription.

The problem with some practice test questions (and some exam questions) is that they are phrased in a way that is not technically accurate. You don't really merge subscriptions - you move resources from one to the other.

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:37 PM
  • So you mean, the answer should be yes?
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:43 PM
  • I mean the answer could be yes - assuming that "merging" means "moving all resources into one subscription and deleting the other subscription"

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:47 PM
  • Thank you very much :)
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:53 PM
  • You're welcome
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:05 PM