How to Config the User Account setting for Visual Studio Test Controller and Test Agent 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all, I try to use the Test Controller to control several Test Agent and run the test and we have following config

Machine A

- Install Test Controller: and Service start as Network Service

- create a new account in Machine A call 'testagentuser' and add this account to member of TeamTestAgentService Team TestControllerUsers and TeamTestControllerAdmins user groups

- Install Test Agent: that try to login the Local Test Controller by a new account 'testagentuser' that is under user group of machine A 'TeamTestAgentService' 'TeamTestControllerUsers' and 'TeamTestControllerAdmins'

Machine B

- Install Test Agent: that try to login Machien A Test Controller by the account 'testagentuser', I use the MachineA\testagentuser to login at Test Agent Config tools

But I found that both from Machine A Test Agent to Machine A Test Controller; and Machine B Test Agent to Machine A Test Controller throw the following error 

'Invalid user name or password. Specify a valid user name (for example, domain\user) and password and try again'

I also planned to use VS2010 in Machine A to control the local test controller, I want to ask what's wrong with my steps? and how can I do this? do we have some real example step by step that I can follow?

(FYI that I have NO PLAN to use the TFS and MTM, and I target to use TestController with VS2010 only...)

Best Regards

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I found that I can connect the Test Agent in MachineA to Test Controller in MachineA...

However, for Test Agent of machineB (in same Windows domain), I cannot connect to the Test Controller Machine A

Do you mean that you use the same user in Machine A and Machine B with the same domain? If so, whether the user is the admin of your two machines? If it is the admin, please run your Test Controller and Agent as the admin, and then configure them again.

The server has rejected the client credentials

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed

Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have the right permissions to connect to the test controller MachineA, or a firewall is blocking the connection.

To fix this problem, verify that you are a local administrator on the test controller machine, and that the Windows Firewall Settings on the test controller machine has "File and Printer Sharing" exception.

I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.863, IsManagedByLab : lab manaaged controller name :

MachineB\TestAgentConfigUI.exe, Adding user WinNT://DOMAIN/UserID,user to group TeamTestAgentService on controller.

I suggest you check the permissions, it seems that the test agent is failed to connect to controller.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd648127(v=vs.100).aspx

Please make sure the test controller and test agents services are running. Go to Service->find the Visual Studio Test Agent and Controller service->configure the Status to be "Started".

Run VS as the admin.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi TungLee,

If your two machines aren’t in the same domain, we have to set the uses with the same name and password in the two machines, and make sure that user account is a member of the administrators group. Use this user account for your test controllers and Agents when you install and configure them.

We often use this guide to troubleshoot VS test Controller and Agent issue, if possible, I sincerely suggest you refer it.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df043823-ffcf-46a4-9e47-1c4b8854ca13/troubleshooting-guide-for-visual-studio-test-controller-and-agent

In addition, you could configure your Test Controller and Test Agent manually to get more log messages in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

I can pass the configuration of Test Agent in MachineA and the it telling that it already connected to Test Controller in MachineA. To resolve this, I put my current login user to the 3 new TeamTest users group in MachineA

But I found from the Test Agent in MachineA that it back to stop status immediately after 2-3 seconds and I check the event log and found the following 3 errors

Also, I tried to start the test agent in the console again but it stop again after 2-3 seconds and same erorr is found. What's wrong with my setup? why it telling that the process start success but immediate have message that access is denied...?

(QTAgentService.exe, PID 37564, Thread 1) Exception data being reported in Watson: Exception: Win32Exception
    Stack Trace:
       at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.OpenProcessHandle(Int32 access)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentServiceWrapper..ctor(String controllerName, String agentName, String ipcPortName, LabConfiguration labConfiguration, IServiceControl serviceControl, Boolean canPerformUITesting, Int32 parentProcessId)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentServiceBase.Main(String[] args)
    (QTAgentService.exe, PID 37564, Thread 1) Assembly information reported in watson: Application Domain Information
    Assembly Name=mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Assembly CLR Version=v4.0.30319
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll
    InternalName:     mscorlib.dll
    OriginalFilename: mscorlib.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.530 (RTMLDR.030319-5300)
    FileDescription:  Microsoft Common Language Runtime Class Library
    Product:          Microsoft® .NET Framework
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.530
    Debug:            False
    Patched:          False
    PreRelease:       False
    PrivateBuild:     True
    SpecialBuild:     False
    Language:         English (United States)
    Assembly Name=QTAgentService, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly Version=10.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\QTAgentService.exe
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\QTAgentService.exe
    InternalName:     QTAgentService.exe
    OriginalFilename: QTAgentService.exe
    FileVersion:      10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    FileDescription:  QTAgentService.exe
    Product:          Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010
    ProductVersion:   10.0.30319.1
    PrivateBuild:     False
    Assembly Name=System.ServiceProcess, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceProcess\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.ServiceProcess.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ServiceProcess\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.ServiceProcess.dll
    InternalName:     System.ServiceProcess.dll
    OriginalFilename: System.ServiceProcess.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    FileDescription:  .NET Framework
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.1
    Assembly Name=System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll
    InternalName:     System.dll
    OriginalFilename: System.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.530 built by: RTMLDR
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.530
    Assembly Name=Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly CLR Version=v2.0.50727
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common.dll
    InternalName:     Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common.dll
    OriginalFilename: Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common.dll
    FileVersion:      10.0.40219.396
    FileDescription:  Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Common.dll
    Product:          Microsoft (R) Visual Studio (R) 2010
    ProductVersion:   10.0.40219.396
    Language:         Language Neutral
    Assembly Name=System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll
    InternalName:     System.Core.dll
    OriginalFilename: System.Core.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.431 built by: RTMLDR
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.431
    Assembly Name=Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.dll
    InternalName:     Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.dll
    OriginalFilename: Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.dll
    FileVersion:      10.0.40219.396 built by: SP1LDR
    FileDescription:  Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.ExecutionCommon.dll
    Product:          Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010
    Assembly Name=Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource.dll
    InternalName:     Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource.dll
    OriginalFilename: Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource.dll
    FileVersion:      10.0.40219.396
    FileDescription:  Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource.dll
    Product:          Microsoft (R) Visual Studio (R) 2010
    Language:         Language Neutral
    Assembly Name=System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll
    InternalName:     System.Configuration.dll
    OriginalFilename: System.Configuration.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    FileDescription:  System.Configuration.dll
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.1
    Assembly Name=System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Assembly Version=4.0.0.0
    Assembly Location=C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll
    Assembly File Version:
    File:             C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll
    InternalName:     System.Xml.dll
    OriginalFilename: System.Xml.dll
    FileVersion:      4.0.30319.431 built by: RTMLDR
    ProductVersion:   4.0.30319.431

(QTAgentService.exe, PID 37564, Thread 1) Unhandled Exception Caught, reporting through Watson: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
       at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.OpenProcessHandle(Int32 access)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentServiceWrapper..ctor(String controllerName, String agentName, String ipcPortName, LabConfiguration labConfiguration, IServiceControl serviceControl, Boolean canPerformUITesting, Int32 parentProcessId)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentServiceBase.Main(String[] args)

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:42 AM
  • supplement one more info that

For MachineA that I use Network Service to start the Test Controller Windows Service and checked that the Windows can start in Services list.

And I use a domain user to logon the Test Agent in MachineA and connect to Test Controller in MachineA (same machine)

Also, in MachineA, I can found the Test Controller in VS2010 'Manage Test Controller' function.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Further enable the log and find the following error, can I know whether the issue is caused by the firewall setting? In Controller and Agent Side, which firewall rule I need to 'allow' to fix this? (I use the default network setting...)

I, 7596, 6, 2013/09/13, 09:42:46.241, WG241WBZV\QTAgentProcessUI.exe, AgentStatus: Connecting to ipc://eqt-16fa45b5-7ed6-e6f1-6604-cf1cef4bfa85/AgentStatus.rem
    W, 7596, 6, 2013/09/13, 09:42:46.263, WG241WBZV\QTAgentProcessUI.exe, AgentStatus: Exception occurred getting status from the agent service: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Connect(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Int32 timeout)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.ConnectionCache.GetConnection(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel level, Int32 timeout)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.IAgentStatusProvider.GetStatus()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentStatus.RefreshAgentStatus()
    V, 7596, 4, 2013/09/13, 09:42:47.346, WG241WBZV\QTAgentProcessUI.exe, ProcessMonitor.Start: Starting process.
    V, 7596, 4, 2013/09/13, 09:42:47.393, WG241WBZV\QTAgentProcessUI.exe, ProcessMonitor.Start: Process Started.
    V, 7596, 4, 2013/09/13, 09:42:48.528, WG241WBZV\QTAgentProcessUI.exe, ProcessMonitor.DoEnforceAutoRestartWaitTime: Waiting 10000 milliseconds before relaunching process.

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:00 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that it works well if you configure them manually like the following screen shot?

On Controller machine we would make sure that it can accept incoming connections through Firewall. So sometimes we need to manually add Firewall exception for Client program (devenv.exe, mstest.exe, mlm.exe) so that it could accept incoming connections.

A similar thread which is related to the Firewall exceptions, if possible, you could check it here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59bc2270-37d9-4297-ac3f-e0da21d10a95/test-agent-could-not-connect-to-the-test-controller-vs2012-agents

If we make sure that it is not the permissions/configuration/firewall issue, maybe you could check your Environment, please move/disable all third party tool in your side, and restart your machines and restart your Test Controller and Agent, or re-install your Test Agent and Controller again.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:26 AM
  • Per further checking and restart the test controller and test agent (MachineA and MachineB)

I found that I can connect the Test Agent in MachineA to Test Controller in MachineA...

However, for Test Agent of machineB (in same Windows domain), I cannot connect to the Test Controller Machine A

I got the below error, and I want to make sure whether it's caused by (i) client firewall setting, (ii) controller firewall setting? or (iii) user authentication setting in agent or controller not correct?

Best Regards

************************************************************************************************
    Configuration started on 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.
    OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Executable version : 10.0.40219.1
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.083, Listing agent configurations
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.126, Checking whether account DOMAIN\UserID is a network service account or not
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.126, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.127, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.127, Observed that account DOMAIN\UserID is network service account? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.155, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.155, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.155, Loading account details for DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.195, Normalized account is DOMAIN\UserID and Sid is S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.197, GetControllerName : The controller name managed by lab is 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.235, IsManagedByLab : lab manaaged controller name : 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:06:43.241, NotManagedByLab = True
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.242, Checking whether account DOMAIN\UserID is a network service account or not
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.242, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.242, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.243, Observed that account DOMAIN\UserID is network service account? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.243, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.243, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.243, Loading account details for DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.251, Normalized account is DOMAIN\UserID and Sid is S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.252, Checking whether account DOMAIN\UserID is a network service account or not
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.252, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.253, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.253, Observed that account DOMAIN\UserID is network service account? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.253, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.253, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.253, Loading account details for DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.259, Normalized account is DOMAIN\UserID and Sid is S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.259, Agent process is presently running from the user : DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.260, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.260, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.263, Agent configuration update pack details :
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.263, Run as interactive process : True
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.264, Network service name NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, User name : UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Change Port : False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Chang eService Account : True
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Change Test Controller : True
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Test Controller Uri : MachineA
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Disable Screensaver : True
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Enable autologon : False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Port : -1
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Checking whether account DOMAIN\UserID is a network service account or not
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Observed that account DOMAIN\UserID is network service account? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.265, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.266, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.266, Loading account details for DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.272, Normalized account is DOMAIN\UserID and Sid is S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.277, Starting firewall configuration...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.331, BaseConfig: AddFirewallExceptionIfRequired: Firewall exception already enabled for port 6910.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.331, No change to the firewall setting as the firewall exception was already enabled for the application 'Microsoft Visual Studio Test Agent 2010 Service'.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.333, Configured firewall exceptions for: 'Microsoft Visual Studio Test Agent 2010 Service'.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.333, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentVersion=2.0.0 on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.333, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentVersion=2.0.0 on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.335, Added agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentVersion=2.0.0 on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.335, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentVersion=2.0.0 on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.335, Added agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentVersion=2.0.0 on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.335, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentContractVersion=2 on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.335, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentContractVersion=2 on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.336, Added agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentContractVersion=2 on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.336, Adding agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentContractVersion=2 on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.336, Added agent setting Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Lab.TestIntegration.AgentContractVersion=2 on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.336, Adding agent setting InstallationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.336, Adding agent setting InstallationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.337, Added agent setting InstallationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.337, Adding agent setting InstallationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.337, Added agent setting InstallationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Creating event sources VSTTAgent 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Creating event sources VSTTAgent 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Event source VSTTAgent already exists.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Creating event sources VSTTAgentProcess 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Event source VSTTAgentProcess already exists.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.338, Adding event source for event logging
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.339, ResetForceGuestKey : Getting the value of ForceGuest key
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.339, ResetForceGuestKey : The value of ForceGuest key is 0
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.340, Checking the status of service VSTTAgent
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.340, Found that service VSTTAgent is installed:False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.342, Configuring test agent process...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.343, previous user was : DOMAIN\UserID, current user is : DOMAIN\UserID 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.343, Checking whether account DOMAIN\UserID is a network service account or not
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.343, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.343, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.344, Observed that account DOMAIN\UserID is network service account? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.346, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.346, Final UserName: DOMAIN\UserID.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.346, Loading account details for DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.353, Normalized account is DOMAIN\UserID and Sid is S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.354, Adding the process as startup program for user DOMAIN\UserID...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.354, Updating the startup registry
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.355, Updating Run registry to value : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\QTAgentProcessUI.exe
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.355, Disabling screen saver for user DOMAIN\UserID...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.355, Updating screensaver registry
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.356, Adding agent setting DisableScreenSaver=True on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.356, Adding agent setting DisableScreenSaver=True on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.356, Added agent setting DisableScreenSaver=True on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.356, Adding agent setting DisableScreenSaver=True on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.357, Added agent setting DisableScreenSaver=True on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.357, Adding agent setting AgentRunMode=AsInteractiveProcess on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.357, Adding agent setting AgentRunMode=AsInteractiveProcess on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.358, Added agent setting AgentRunMode=AsInteractiveProcess on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.358, Adding agent setting AgentRunMode=AsInteractiveProcess on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.359, Added agent setting AgentRunMode=AsInteractiveProcess on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.359, Adding agent setting AgentInteractiveProcessUserName=DOMAIN\UserID on agent machine
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.359, Adding agent setting AgentInteractiveProcessUserName=DOMAIN\UserID on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.359, Added agent setting AgentInteractiveProcessUserName=DOMAIN\UserID on agent machine - 32 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.359, Adding agent setting AgentInteractiveProcessUserName=DOMAIN\UserID on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.360, Added agent setting AgentInteractiveProcessUserName=DOMAIN\UserID on agent machine - 64 bit hive
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.372, Configured test agent process successfully.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters in 32bit Hive
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters in 32bit Hive completed. 
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters in 64bit Hive. 
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters in 64bit Hive completed. 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.373, Setting Tcp Parameters completed.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.375, Registering this test agent with the test controller. This may take few minutes...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.375, AgentConfiguration: Starting controller configuration.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.375, GetControllerName : The controller name managed by lab is 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.375, GetControllerName : The controller name managed by lab is 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.376, AgentConfiguration: Found agent is not configured on any controller.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.376, AgentConfiguration: Adding agent MachineB on controller MachineA.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.376, Adding agent MachineB running under MachineA to controller DOMAIN\UserID 
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.413, Creating Channel
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.454, CreateControllerObject: attempt 0, System.Security.Authentication.InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    Server stack trace: 
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartReceiveBlob(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextSend(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, ChannelBinding binding, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
       at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateAuthenticatedStream(Stream netStream, String machinePortAndSid)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, SocketCache socketCache, String machinePortAndSid)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, String machineAndPort)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.IControllerAccessManager.GetControllerObject()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.CreateControllerObject(String controllerUri)
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.565, CreateControllerObject: attempt 1, System.Security.Authentication.InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed
    Server stack trace: 
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextSend(Byte[] message, LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, ChannelBinding binding, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
       at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateAuthenticatedStream(Stream netStream, String machinePortAndSid)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, SocketCache socketCache, String machinePortAndSid)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, String machineAndPort)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.IControllerAccessManager.GetControllerObject()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.CreateControllerObject(String controllerUri)
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.676, CreateControllerObject: attempt 2, System.Security.Authentication.InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed
    Server stack trace: 
    E, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.778, Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.ConfigToolException: Unable to connect to test controller service MachineA
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.AddAgent(String agentName, String controllerUri, ServiceAccount agentServiceAccount)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.AgentConfiguration.BindToController(String testController, ServiceAccount agentServiceAccount)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.AgentConfiguration.HandleControllerChange(AgentConfigurationUpdatePack updatePack, DelegateStatusUpdate statusListener)
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.779, DetermineDomain:: User: DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.779, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.779, Machine Name: MachineB
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.861, Final Domain: DOMAIN.  Final username: DOMAIN/UserID
    E, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.862, Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have the right permissions to connect to the test controller MachineA, or a firewall is blocking the connection.
    To fix this problem, verify that you are a local administrator on the test controller machine, and that the Windows Firewall Settings on the test controller machine has "File and Printer Sharing" exception.
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.864, Adding agent account DOMAIN\UserID on controller MachineA...
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.865, AgentConfiguration: Adding agent account DOMAIN\UserID on controller MachineA.
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.871, Adding agent service account DOMAIN\UserID to TeamTestAgentService group on controller MachineA
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.873, Creating user DOMAIN\UserID on machine MachineA
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Created Nt account DOMAIN\UserID for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    V, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Found Sid S-1-5-21-329068152-1844823847-1801674531-608777 for userName DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Using machine$ account DOMAIN\UserID on machine MachineA
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, DetermineDomain:: User: DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Machine Name: MachineB
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.874, Final Domain: DOMAIN.  Final username: DOMAIN/UserID
    V, 8300, 4, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.878, MachineB\TestAgentConfigUI.exe, Getting user DOMAIN/UserID entry with domain DOMAIN which is null /? False
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.878, DetermineDomain:: User: DOMAIN\UserID
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.878, Domain: DOMAIN
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.878, Machine Name: MachineB
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.879, Final Domain: DOMAIN.  Final username: DOMAIN/UserID
    V, 8300, 4, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.879, MachineB\TestAgentConfigUI.exe, Adding user WinNT://DOMAIN/UserID,user to group TeamTestAgentService on controller.
    E, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.911, Got Exception : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070005): Access is denied.
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_IsContainer()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.CheckIsContainer()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.Find(String name, String schemaClassName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.ExecutionUtilities.FindGroup(DirectoryEntry computer, String groupName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.ExecutionUtilities.AddUser(DirectoryEntry userToAdd, DirectoryEntry computer, String groupName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.AddUserAccount(ServiceAccount account, String groupName, String machineName, Boolean useRemoteName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.TestControllerHelper.AddAgentAccountToControllerGroup(ServiceAccount agentServiceAccount, String controllerUri)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.AgentConfiguration.HandleUserAccountChangeForProcess(AgentConfigurationUpdatePack updatePack, DelegateStatusUpdate statusListener)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.AgentConfiguration.Configure(AgentConfigurationUpdatePack updatePack, DelegateStatusUpdate statusListener)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.AgentConfigUI.AgentConfigUI.ConfigureWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
    I, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.911, Work completed for GetConfiguration() call : got out of turn error
    E, 2013/09/16, 15:07:13.911, Failed to apply user account changes.

Monday, September 16, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you use the same user in Machine A and Machine B with the same domain? If so, whether the user is the admin of your two machines? If it is the admin, please run your Test Controller and Agent as the admin, and then configure them again.

The server has rejected the client credentials

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed

Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have the right permissions to connect to the test controller MachineA, or a firewall is blocking the connection.

MachineB\TestAgentConfigUI.exe, Adding user WinNT://DOMAIN/UserID,user to group TeamTestAgentService on controller.

I suggest you check the permissions, it seems that the test agent is failed to connect to controller.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd648127(v=vs.100).aspx

Please make sure the test controller and test agents services are running. Go to Service->find the Visual Studio Test Agent and Controller service->configure the Status to be "Started".

Run VS as the admin.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Hi TungLee,

Any update? Could you get the useful information from my reply?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:03 AM