none
First Page load very Slow! RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

I was a sharepoint application on port 80.it was created by another person and i dont know about config of that.

now i create new application on port 2727 and it was very slow.this application is empty and its  fresh!

even i create on new server but it slow too.

Monday, November 23, 2015 11:55 AM

All replies

• That can be normal. When you first visit a page after it's been unused for a while then it needs to get a lot of data out of SQL and off Disks into the cache before it can be used. That's why the second page loads are so much faster. How slow is slow?

Monday, November 23, 2015 12:22 PM
  • my default web applicaton on this server ( port 80) is very musch faster!while  its have very content.default web page has no delay to show but new application have 30 sec to 1 min delay 
    Monday, November 23, 2015 12:30 PM
  • That's probably because the other site is warmed up. If you did an IISReset (note that you shouldn't do this during working hours as it may interrupt your users) then the other one will most likely also take 30 seconds to a minute to start.
    Monday, November 23, 2015 12:40 PM
  • thank you for answer!but all time its very slow.before warm up , after warm up and .... . I think default application have cache or some think like that because when i change code of master page , its not change while recycle the application pool.it just a Guess!!

Monday, November 23, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Your reply is not very easy to understand. Can you re-phrase?
    Monday, November 23, 2015 2:23 PM
  • When a SharePoint site is first requested after an Application Pool recycle, iisreset, or server restart, the binaries supporting SharePoint (e.g. Microsoft.SharePoint.dll) must be compiled ("JIT", or Just-In-Time). This causes the delay.

What you can do to help alievate this problem is to place all Web Applications within the same Application Pool, rather than having a 1:1 ratio of Web Applications to Application Pools. While the first page load of any site within each Web Application will be 'slow', the first page load of a site in the other Web Application should be more or less normal.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, November 23, 2015 3:34 PM
  • sorry for my english!

you say slow loading page  "probably because the other site is warmed up"

I say page load all time slow.it not depend on "IISrest" or any thing.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:43 AM
  • To confirm your situation:

You open IE and go to the page but it is slow to load. If you then close the Internet Explorer window and open another one, then go to the same page, it is still slow. Doing an IIS reset doesn't make much/any difference to page load times.

1. Is that correct?
    2. How long does it take, in seconds, to load the page?
    3. How do other pages in the site perform? Are there slower ones or faster ones or are they all around the same speed?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:49 AM
  • thank you!

if i open page , close and reopen immediately , it open very fast.

it take 30 sec to 1 min to open.default application run fast but other application is run slow! 

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:08 PM
  • is it  possible ,site very slow because nobody access this site and not shown? 
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Yes, if no one has visited the site then it should drop out of the cache after about 30 minutes. That will mean it takes longer to start up.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Hi Paladin_2006,

If Alex’s reply helps you, please mark his reply as answer to help other users who meet the same issue in this forum.

Thanks,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 4, 2015 7:53 AM