none
Get sensor readings periodically from UMDF driver RRS feed

• Question

• If I install the driver to UMDF, how can I get sensor readings periodically, how to organize data reporting in WDK SensorSkeleton Sample?

And one more question. How can SkeletonSample driver be converted into standalone dll or is it possible to create standalone dll using WDK?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Arus_h Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:43 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:40 AM

Answers

• reposting the same question again and again is not going to work.  for the final time, you are going down the wrong path.  mobo temp and fan speed etc etc are not intended to be exposed by the sensor framework.  acpi is how you expose these. 

a umdf driver is not a standalone DLL and cannot be made into one. it must be run in a host umdf process. you can create a dll that you load in your process that uses the sensor APIs to talk to your umdf driver if you want. from that dll you can poll or do whatever you want.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:42 PM

All replies

• reposting the same question again and again is not going to work.  for the final time, you are going down the wrong path.  mobo temp and fan speed etc etc are not intended to be exposed by the sensor framework.  acpi is how you expose these. 

a umdf driver is not a standalone DLL and cannot be made into one. it must be run in a host umdf process. you can create a dll that you load in your process that uses the sensor APIs to talk to your umdf driver if you want. from that dll you can poll or do whatever you want.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Thank you for reply. I'm new in this field, could you please give me some advice where to begin.
    It seems that only Windows 7 is supported by sensor API .
    • Edited by Arus_h Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:41 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:17 PM