none
how to view and modify document online from document management system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have created one Document Management System using Asp.Net,C#

Now we want to Integrate the Office 365 in our application. through which application user can open & save their document in office 365.

I had tried to find some useful links to find the solution that how it could be integrated with my asp.net application . But I found the links only instegration of office 365 with Sharepoint applications. 

Is there any sample code or application through which we can view and modify document online.
    Thanks & Regards 

sandeepkpandey

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• There are two ways to modify Word documents online in C# and asp.net:

1. Object Model

it needs to install Office on web server.

If you want to use this way, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word(v=office.11).ASPX and there are many resource or sample code to modify document.

2. OpenXML

You don't need to install Office on web server.

please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee358826.aspx

It operates xml files in the word document to modify a word document.

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hi

I don’t think we can integrate a custom application to O365 directly. But you could use SkyDrive API to manipulate documents saved in Office 365.

For example, you can get directory information through SkyDrive API and list them on your own application. After that, you could use URL to redirect end-user to SkyDrive and then they could view and edit documents online.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 14, 2013 3:27 AM