none
In Bing 6.3 Tile layers have stopped working with the FireFox 4.01 upgrade................. RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to FireFox 4.01 tile layers do not appear.   They worked in FF4.0.

This problem is with Bing 6.3.   Bing 7 still works fine.

In Firebug the repsonse code is 200 (OK) and when I go to the Net tab in FireBig and do a Copy Location on one of the url's and then go into a separate instance in FF 4.01 and paste the url into the address bar I get the tile image displayed just fine.

What gives ?   Why aren't the tile images appearing ?

Steve Kahler

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 9, 2012 5:23 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Friday, May 6, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• After upgrading to FireFox 4.01 tile layers do not appear.   They worked in FF4.0.

In Firebug the repsonse code is 200 (OK) and when I go to the Net tab in FireBig and do a Copy Location on one of the url's and then go into a separate instance in FF 4.01 and paste the url into the address bar I get the tile image displayed just fine.

Steve Kahler

Investigated this issue. Tilelayer in v6.3 is broken due to update by FF to version 4.0.1
    In 4.0.0 img.style.filter = undefined  and 4.0.1: image.style.filter = ""
    the behaviour of image.style is updated in FF 4.0.1 which is causing this issue. Note it does not affects v7. we would followup with FF to see if this would be behavior moving forward, if yes then probabaly update v6.3. At this point of time all efforts are in v7, so not sure about priority.

HemantGoyal
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:33 AM

All replies

• I've seen this reported before, but haven't been able to confirm it myself yet. Please post a URL to a map demonstrating the problem, thanks.

twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:03 AM

Steve Kahler

Investigated this issue. Tilelayer in v6.3 is broken due to update by FF to version 4.0.1
    In 4.0.0 img.style.filter = undefined  and 4.0.1: image.style.filter = ""
    the behaviour of image.style is updated in FF 4.0.1 which is causing this issue. Note it does not affects v7. we would followup with FF to see if this would be behavior moving forward, if yes then probabaly update v6.3. At this point of time all efforts are in v7, so not sure about priority.

HemantGoyal
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:33 AM