none
C++ Templates

Question

• I have been using Visual Studio 2015 Community to write Arduino apps, so I've installed the C++ tools, templates, etc as well as VisualMicro.  That all works fine.

However, when I want to just write a simple C++ app using one of the basic templates like "Win32 Console Application", I'm unable to create a project.  I click on template, enter the project name, and directory (Visual Studio 2015\Projects\, the window disappears for a fraction of a second and then reappears without creating a project.  There is no error message.

What's happening?

Sunday, January 15, 2017 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I encountered same issue in VS2015 Community and Enterprise as well as my coworkers. I’ve report a feedback here.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3118829

The engineers of Microsoft will evaluate the feedback seriously. You could vote and comment on that feedback, and please mark this reply as answer which would be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Meanwhile, we are trying to reinstall Visual Studio, and I’ll share the result with you in time.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi friend,

It works after my reinstalling the Visual studio. I think you could also give it a try, and please share us the latest information of this issue.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:25 PM
  • Perhaps you have an add-in that is misbehaving.  Try launching Visual Studio in safe mode to disable add-ins and see if the problem goes away.

devenv.exe /SafeMode

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi friend,

I just found this issue could be resolved by following:

Open an existing C++ project in the VS -> right-lick project name -> reload project

After above operations, a popup will show and you could just click to install the features shown on it which is related to C++ in VS2015.

In my side the below were selected:

And i think you could also find and install these by modify the VS , control panel -> programs-> right-click VS -> change

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:40 AM