ASP.net Webpage using AJAX works on one IIS server but another RRS feed

• Question

• User1963020722 posted

I have a simple ASP webpage using the AJAX Controltoolkit.  I published to a dev IIS server and the AJAX control works fine, but when I publish the same project to a different IIS (production) the AJAX control does not update.  

I have a simple Label on the page that is displaying the current datetime that updates every second via server side Timer1_Tick event

Both servers are running Win Server 2012 R2 and IIS (version 8.5.9600)

here is the snippet of code showing the Timer1 and label:

<td class="auto-style13">                  
                         <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1"
                            runat="server">
                        </asp:ScriptManager>
                        <asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="1000" OnTick="Timer1_Tick">
                        </asp:Timer>
                        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1"
                            runat="server">
                            <ContentTemplate>
                                <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text="Current DateTime : " ForeColor="Gray"></asp:Label>
                                <asp:Label ID="CurrentDateTime" runat="server"
                                ForeColor="Gray" BorderStyle="Inset" BorderWidth="1px" Font-Size="Medium" >Label2</asp:Label>
                            <br />
                            </ContentTemplate>
                            <Triggers>
                                <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="Timer1" EventName="Tick"></asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger>
                            </Triggers>
                        </asp:UpdatePanel>      
                    </td>

I have compared the two IIS configurations but cannot figure out why the page works on one server but not the other?

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:26 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:07 PM
  • User1963020722 posted

I want to clarify:  When I said " I published to a dev IIS server the AJAX control works fine" this DEV server is NOT my Visual Studio local environment (everything functions properly in my VS Dev system also).  This is an actual IIS Server for publishing websites prior to going to production.  I have seen numerous articles on people stating their webpages work great in their VS Dev environment, but have issues when published to IIS.  My problem different... I have to different IIS Servers.  AJAX works on one IIS Server but not the other IIS Server.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:31 PM
  • User2053451246 posted

I don't need you to clarify.  I understand you are NOT talking about your local machine.  Did you try anything in any of the links I posted?  There's stuff about different web.config settings (and yes I heard you say you already made sure they match), they talk about issues with un-used files in the Bin folder, any a multitude of other possible fixes.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:43 PM
  • User1963020722 posted

Sorry... I read further into the links and found the problem.  I removed unused DLL's within the BIN directory and that solved my problem.  Thank you very much!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:46 PM