Manage my REST API using Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to find API management tool (API Throttling, Monetization, Statistics) for our product (REST API).

I investigated APIgee functionality. Now I'm going to try Azure. 

1) Our API uses own authorization (oAuth, request token (user:pass) - send token). 

Can I use Azure in that case?

2) I understood that I need to create API points of my API on Azure side. Is there any way to call my API directly (like APIgee micro gateway) and send statistic data to Azure (+ Throttling, Monetization, Statistics)?

Can we use our end points?

Thank you.

• Edited by PaulBY Friday, February 5, 2016 2:01 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I will try help here.

1) Yes, you can. You can also move authentication/authorization from your back-end APIs to Azure API management. for example, you can validate token at APIM proxy using Policies.

2) The idea about APIM is to be a proxy/gateway and to create a unique endpoint for all your APIs. You can use your own domain. Throttling, Monetization, Statistics are policies(settings), and can be created at this proxy level. Using policies you can integrate Azure APIM with any third part logging product or use built-in Azure EventHub support.

APIgee micro gateway is just the proxy engine of APIM running on-premises. There is no on-premises proxy for Azure APIM at this stage, but Azure Stack(Azure Kloud in your datacenter) support is promised to later this year.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:23 PM

All replies