none
Connect Debug image with KITL support to platform builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with a WinEC7 debug image. I download the image via tftp and the bootloader U-Boot to my board and start it after the download. Is it possible to let the debug image connect during the start of WinEC 7 to the platform builder?

If so, how do I neet to configure the debug image and the platfrom builder for KITL connection?

Thanks and best regards,

Andreas

Friday, August 3, 2012 6:52 AM

Answers

• Yes if WINCE image has KITL support enabled it will try to connect to the platform builder (waiting for KITL transport). It will wait for the transport to connect and if it fails to establish the connection the image will boot normally without KITL after some timeout.

Your image must have support for USB RNDIS or Ethernet or serial whatever transport your board supports. There are lots of samples codes in WINCE700 BSP for USB RNDIS.

From PB->Target Connectivity Option select the Kernel Transport as "Ethernet" and Kernel Download to "None".

** Whatever KITL related configuration is set in EBOOT that you need to make from OAL**

Regards,

Rakesh.

• Marked as answer by Andreas_1981 Friday, August 3, 2012 9:03 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 8:37 AM

All replies

• In VS navigate to Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->Build Options and make sure that "Enable KITL" and "Enabel Kernel Debugger" are set to YES.

Make sure your BSP supports KITL over USB, Serial or Ethernet transport.

Thanks/Regards,

Rakesh.

Friday, August 3, 2012 7:42 AM
  • My only query is that he says he is downloading U-Boot to the board as the bootloader, which is the linux bootloader, and will probably not support kitl, at least not in any version I have seen. Are you referring to Eboot?

If you are referring to U-Boot you would have to port all the functions for KITL so that U-Boot can enable the functionality and connect to PB.

Barak.

Friday, August 3, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

but I don't download the image via platform builder. Does the image automatically tries to connect at startup to the platfrom builder? And how do I select the connection typ? At the KITL boot args? Do I need to add USB driver to the image if I like to connect via USB?

Best regards,

Andreas

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi Barak,

yes, I am using U-Boot to boot WinEC 7. I know that I could start eboot from U-Boot and let eboot connect via KITL to the platform builder. But I like to start an WinEC debug image with KITL support directly from U-Boot. Does the WinEC 7 image have the possibility to connect during startup to the platform builder?

Best regards,

Andreas

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Yes if WINCE image has KITL support enabled it will try to connect to the platform builder (waiting for KITL transport). It will wait for the transport to connect and if it fails to establish the connection the image will boot normally without KITL after some timeout.

Your image must have support for USB RNDIS or Ethernet or serial whatever transport your board supports. There are lots of samples codes in WINCE700 BSP for USB RNDIS.

From PB->Target Connectivity Option select the Kernel Transport as "Ethernet" and Kernel Download to "None".

** Whatever KITL related configuration is set in EBOOT that you need to make from OAL**

Regards,

Rakesh.

• Marked as answer by Andreas_1981 Friday, August 3, 2012 9:03 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 8:37 AM