CubeMap example in Directx11 RRS feed

• Question

• I am asking for a  sample for cubemaping in Directx11
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thankyou , I have rendered 6 different images in 3D cube with D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile.

D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile(DirectxDevice, 
    		L"scene01.dds", 0, 0, &resorcetx, 0 );

Now I am trying to render without Shader ,instead of this I want to load the images in texture.

Do You have any idea about it.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you mean how to get texturing by Directx11 ? if yes here has a sample about how to create texturing by Directx11 ,

I hope the sample to help you . I test the source code . Unfortunately my computer has not DirectX 11 SDK  , I will try to fix it , if I find the latest news , I will tell you .

Best Regards,

Hart

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. 

• Marked as answer by shiva110 Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by shiva110 Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hello Hart

Thanks For Your attention towards me .I want to create a 3D cube which has 6 faces with different images.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hello,

Follow the sample given above, except that you have to render 6 different ''.DDS'' image files located in project resources. For each image you must configure the indices and vertices, and create a shader recource view for you images  then initialize them like below:

L"Data/Stone01.dds", 0, 0, &BoxesSRV, 0 );

Admir

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hello,

Thankyou , I have rendered 6 different images in 3D cube with D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile.

L"scene01.dds", 0, 0, &resorcetx, 0 );

Now I am trying to render without Shader ,instead of this I want to load the images in texture.

Do You have any idea about it.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:10 AM