XmlDocument.loadFromUriAsync does not seem to use certificate store

Question

• I am using XmlDocument.loadFromUriAsync to load a XML from a server that requires a client cert. The cert was enrolled and the same file can be loaded using WinJS.xhr on the same URL. So it seems XmlDocument does not use the certificate store of the app?
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Answers

• It's probably more that it's just not written to take advantage of that right now.  I can put a bug in the db for v.Next.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by pkursawe Friday, March 21, 2014 7:19 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:00 PM

All replies

• Probably not. Can you load it using WinJS.xhr, then pass it manually to XmlDocument?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:28 PM
  • Yes Matt I am doing that now. It just seems like a bug to me.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:34 PM
  • It's probably more that it's just not written to take advantage of that right now.  I can put a bug in the db for v.Next.

• Marked as answer by pkursawe Friday, March 21, 2014 7:19 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:00 PM
  • Thanks for putting a bug in the db Matt!
    Friday, March 21, 2014 7:19 PM