none
adding project dataset to a new report with visual studio 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have a problem with adding an existing dataset in my project to the report data of a report.

    When i choose to add a dataset to my report, using the 'report data'-screen, i can not choose from my existing project-datasets.

    Who can help me?

    Best regards,

    Job van Dijk

    the Netherlands

    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:48 PM

Answers

  • Hello Challen Fu,

     

    Thx for your reply.

    I tried again, following your steps, but not any progress.

     

    Meanwhile i continued to google my problem and found the this forum, in which i recognize my problems. It seems to be that visual studio has a functional quirk in the reportviewer. The forum also describes a solution, but this is not applicable to my project i think.

    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:54 AM

All replies

  • Hi VLastuin,

    Based on your information, I think you might operate the steps in the incorrect methods, I would recommend you follow these steps to see whether it works:

    1.    Make sure your dataset retrieve the data from the database, you could open the DatasetName.xsd file, and then right-click the dataset, select Preview Data… to see whether the dataset retrieve the data correctly.

    2.    If the step one is correct, open your RDLC report, right-click the datasource name, and then select Add dataset…

    3.    Firstly select the datasourcename to which another dataset belong in the drop-down list of Data source, then you could see the dataset belong to this datasource in the below drop-down list->select it->click OK.

    If the issue still exist after trying these steps, please feel free to ask.

    Regards,

    Challen Fu

    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:28 AM
    Moderator
  • Hello Challen Fu,

     

    Thx for your reply.

    I tried again, following your steps, but not any progress.

     

    Meanwhile i continued to google my problem and found the this forum, in which i recognize my problems. It seems to be that visual studio has a functional quirk in the reportviewer. The forum also describes a solution, but this is not applicable to my project i think.

    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:54 AM