none
customize view of my tasks (PS2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

First of all: in My Task view I have couple of projects (with project summary field for each project)

Can I insert to this view new line in the end of this view with summary of my report from all projects? (Similar to view from PWA2003) 

Friday, October 22, 2010 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi sbogdi,

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Project Server 2007.

You would have to create a custom report and add it as a WebPart on the page. But only approved task updates are available in the Reporting Database. So I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's just not possible.

To overcome this (and other) limitations, at one customer I created an extention using Server Side events to make pending task updates available in a custom database.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, October 22, 2010 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi sbogdi,

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Project Server 2007.

You would have to create a custom report and add it as a WebPart on the page. But only approved task updates are available in the Reporting Database. So I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's just not possible.

To overcome this (and other) limitations, at one customer I created an extention using Server Side events to make pending task updates available in a custom database.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Friday, October 22, 2010 10:33 PM
  • and what about PS 2010? newest version but this same problem?
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Unfortunately, the 'Tasks' page in Project Server 2010 also lacks a totals rows. I totally agree with you this would be very helpful

The Timesheets feature on the other hand does contain a total value.

Hans

Monday, October 25, 2010 7:30 AM
  • an extention using Server Side events to make pending task updates available in a custom database.

Could you tell me more about this extension? This will be available for all Project server users when I create such extension?

could you send me some examples? screens? 

Monday, October 25, 2010 8:08 AM
  • Sbogdi,

In the past I have presented a solution starter about using server-side events for extending statusing.

The presentation and (partial) code sample can be found on my blog: http://msepm.hsquared.be/?p=110
    keep in mind this is only a partial code sample, and is missing some checks etc. But it should give you an idea on how to start.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:07 PM