none
The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE) RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Windows Application called by a Windows service using VS 2010. The Windows App will open Excel work book to read data.

In the Windows app I use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, version 14 and have code

exlApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass();

When we run the Windows App at server with MS Server 2016 Standard and MS Office Professional Plus 2019  sometimes it works fine but sometimes we get error: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

Please help how to solve this problem and make it run stable.

Thanks

Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Jack,

Based on your description, your question is mainly related to using code/commands with Excel. Since this forum focuses more on questions related to Visio desktop applications, if you need further assistance on this problem, I will help you move the thread to the following forum: Excel for Developers. You may get more helpful replies there.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, December 20, 2019 2:14 AM