Register system RRS feed

• Question

• User-563105019 posted

has anyone managed to add some custom feilds to the club website register system.  I have been trying to do this to the PWS for ages.  Then i noticed that the extra details gathered in the registration process goes in to a separate database then the normal ASPNETDB.

Great i thought.  copied all the code made changes to the form, membership.vb and the dataset but everytime i do this it doesnt add anything to the database and doesnt throw an error either.

Any ideas has anyone added any extra feilds

Cheers

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:51 AM

All replies

• User1275632693 posted

Be more specific, which table in question ?

There seems to be the Memberinfo table which is more akin to a user profile holder as opposed to all the dbo.aspnet_XXX tables.

If I am not mistaken there is dbo.aspnet_Membership
                                               dbo.aspnet_Users
                                               dbo.aspnet_UsersInRoles

I will be looking to expand the User Profile data as well, sort of like the Bio section here in the ASP.NET forums.

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:53 PM
  • User-563105019 posted
    Sorry
    To be more specfic the memberinfo table.  The createuserwizard system of the club website adds the standard membership details to the ASPNETDB membershipusers table and then moves on and adds the rest in to the memberinfo table.

It uses its own membership class to do the second part (adding the custom details to the memberinfo table), it also uses a dataset.

This is the best way to do it rather than using the profile which i have working as the profile is for personalisation and such things.  I want the extra data such as address, postcode, telephone  and business details simply to mange my business listings a little better.  And also for the user to be able to add listings with there contact details without haveing to add all that data again.

Just to let you know i have moved the whole register system to my website folder and have got it working with my web config.  I just cant see what i am doing wrong when i add a couple of feilds.  i have updated the datset, membership.vb my web form ect.

Whats going on!!!!
    thanks for your reply

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:02 AM