Toolbar items RRS feed

• Question

• In the Blend 3 toolbar, there are a number of standard tools.  Is there any way to modify which items the toolbar brings up?  In other words, I want to click on the button button and have it drop my own styled button onto the page.  The only way I have seen this so far is to select from the assests pane.

I am used to the toolbox in visual studio where you can get to all of the different tools fairly easily.

Greg
    Monday, September 7, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,
                   You cannot modify the items in the toolbar, but we do display the last control used from the Asset Library in the toolbox (below the asset tool popup ">>"). Also we added an additional Asset pane in V3 (you can see this next to Project Pane) which you can use to drag and drop controls on the design surface without opening the Asset pop-up again and again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Navit Saxena
    • Marked as answer by Greg Gum Monday, September 7, 2009 10:10 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg,
                   You cannot modify the items in the toolbar, but we do display the last control used from the Asset Library in the toolbox (below the asset tool popup ">>"). Also we added an additional Asset pane in V3 (you can see this next to Project Pane) which you can use to drag and drop controls on the design surface without opening the Asset pop-up again and again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Navit Saxena
    • Marked as answer by Greg Gum Monday, September 7, 2009 10:10 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 9:46 PM
  • OK, thanks.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 10:10 PM