can i add something to Response.Redirect RRS feed

• Question

• User2102072086 posted

hi,

I have used Response.Redirect("~/abc.aspx");

now i want to add "kkk"  like so

Response.Redirect("~/kkk/abc.aspx");

to do this i have to change every where in may applicaiton ( webform with mvc) it has many other pages in redirect . 

so is there any way that i do it at one place, be it a handler or module or routing etc etc.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:40 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Search/replace in your code editor is not enough? If you expect that to change again you could also use this occasion to replace that magic string with a const for example. I generally dislike to keep something in my app for months if not years to "fix" something that doesn't semes that hard to change. 

If really need a bit more time to do that you could perhaps have first ~/abc.aspx redirecting to ~/kkk/abc.aspx. kkk is really a folder. You are not moving a web application to a virtual folder under a web site ?

Edit: I meant https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/finding-and-replacing-text?view=vs-2019#find-in-files-and-replace-in-files

Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:58 PM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi rajemessage,

I have used Response.Redirect("~/abc.aspx");

now i want to add "kkk"  like so

Response.Redirect("~/kkk/abc.aspx");

to do this i have to change every where in may applicaiton ( webform with mvc) it has many other pages in redirect . 

so is there any way that i do it at one place, be it a handler or module or routing etc etc.

According to your description, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly.

If abc.aspx exists under your kkk folder, then Response.Redirect ("~/kkk/abc.aspx") will work.

If I misunderstand your requirement, please post more details information about your requirement.

Best regards,

Sam

Friday, May 1, 2020 2:36 AM
  • User2102072086 posted

I do not want to change  Response.Redirect("~/abc.aspx");

but I want this effect (  Response.Redirect("~/kkk/abc.aspx");)with out changing above first line, buy adding some module or handler in pipeline.

that means I do not want to change the old code.

Friday, May 1, 2020 4:42 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi rajemessage,

I do not want to change  Response.Redirect("~/abc.aspx");

but I want this effect (  Response.Redirect("~/kkk/abc.aspx");)with out changing above first line, buy adding some module or handler in pipeline.

that means I do not want to change the old code.

Can you tell me what is the application scenario for doing this?

In my opinion, Response.Redirect ("~ / abc.aspx") and Response.Redirect ("~ / kkk / abc.aspx") are both hard-coded, they have no essential difference.

Best regards,

Sam

Friday, May 1, 2020 6:45 AM