How to work with Word 2007 programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• User751785559 posted

Hey guys,

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum, but it looked as appropriate as any.

Situation - using VB.Net and VS 2005 with Office 2007. I need to programmatically create a Word document and send it to another site.

Problem - it all works, but when the user tries to open the file, they get a message saying it's corrupt.

I'm using the correct distributable interop for Word 2007 and have all the permissions I would ever need. Even trying to send an existing file does not work.

Question - what is the right way to work programmatically with Word 2007 so my files will not be corrupt when they are sent? Currently, I am using a stream object to get the file size, create a byte array of that size, read the file into it and send it.

What do I need to know to work with Word 2007? Using OOXML classes make no difference.

Thanks is advance. 

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:47 AM

All replies

• User751785559 posted

Problem solved.  The web app was written in VB.Net with Option Strict on.  I normally work in C#. As soon as I turned it off, I was able to create a byte array with a size of long integer and the problems went away.

Thanks anyway.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:51 AM