none
Converting a Visual Studio 2012 project to Visual Studio 2015?

Question

• Several issues:

When I open the visual studio 2012 solution with visual studio 2015 I get an error that sql server express is not installed and to use a local copy.  I have SQL 2012 developer on the server.  The solution does have an app data folder for Azure deployment, but How do I fix this issue since I seen no DBs to double click on as instructed?

When I build I get this warning that ajax 4.5 can't be found.  I've installed Ajax v15.3 on the client.  But how do I point to new version?

How do I convert the solution/project to Visual Studio 2015?

• Edited by o365spo Friday, November 13, 2015 12:05 PM
    • Moved by KareninstructorMVP Friday, November 13, 2015 2:03 PM Moved from C# forum
    Friday, November 13, 2015 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi o365spo,

What is your project type and which language in your project?

>> How do I convert the solution/project to Visual Studio 2015?

I suggest you take a look at Troubleshooting Unsuccessful Project Upgrades.

Something else to check out might be the Porting, Migrating, and Upgrading Visual Studio Projects guide

From the above link, please check the following part:

The following list describes support in Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2013 for projects that were created in Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2010 SP1. You can use this list to help determine whether you can open a project as-is in Visual Studio 2015,  Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, or Visual Studio 2010 SP1, or whether you have to modify it to ensure compatibility.

One further thing to note is that if you keep the old version of Visual studio installed you can import a project which is made with an older version and skip the update. Visual studio 2015 will then use parts of the older version itself to open the project.

If your project is C++, you can read How to: Upgrade Visual C++ Projects to Visual Studio 2015 page.

Best Regards, 

Jiayi

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:58 AM

All replies