none
Pass values to SAP BAPI through Tables RRS feed

• Question

• When I invoke a SAP BAPI - CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN, I able to pass in the import parameters. but when I pass the values through BAPI Tables, the data is not reaching SAP i.e., the BAPI is not using the input from BAPI Tables to commit the data into SAP.

Let me know if there is something I'm missing the Adapter configuration.

Ashi
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• No you aren't missing something.

Tables parameters work like all others "out of the box". You have to be aware of a tricky performance optimization code when receiving answers from SAP with tables parameter, but request should work perfect.

Did you track the messages sent to SAP? Are the XML nodes representing the tables parameter really correct?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://biztalk.hauth.me

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:48 PM
  • Ashi,

can you check if the bapi, you are executing needs a explicit BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to commit the changes?

If that is the case, you can look here to find how to perform operations under transaction.

Thanks,

Jeevitha

Friday, June 11, 2010 3:35 PM
  • the BAPI does not require a explicit  BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

I want to pass values through the BAPI Tables so that those values are updated in the SAP system after the BAPI is executed.

I'm using CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN BAPI here.

Ashi
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:02 PM
  • you mean, if I pass the values in the BAPI Tables parameters in the BAPI request message it should update these values in SAP system upon successful execution of the BAPI.
    Ashi
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:04 PM
  • Yes, the BAPI requires explicit BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and I'm performing the commit as the article. My question is - in the BAPI request message if I pass values in the import parameters and BAPI Tables will the BAPI commit values in the BAPI Tables into SAP.

Ashi
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:05 PM