Filtered Total based on SubForm update on Main Form RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to calculate the total [QtyProd] of a filtered subform and have the total update on the main form. I can get the total to calculate for the whole table but when I filter the table it doesn't update. I am probably missing something simple... let me know if you need any additional information.
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:00 PM

Answers

• The usual set-up is to have the Control for the Total (invisible if you prefer) in the Form Footer (so that the calculation can be based on the Field in the SubForm) and then have a Control on the MainForm referring to the "Total" Control on the SubForm. 

This way, the Total is calculated of the records on the SubForm and the Control on the Main Form simply shows the same amount with the Control in the Form Footer of the SubForm.

Van Dinh

• Marked as answer by Justin.ITPro Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:42 AM
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:11 PM

All replies

• The usual set-up is to have the Control for the Total (invisible if you prefer) in the Form Footer (so that the calculation can be based on the Field in the SubForm) and then have a Control on the MainForm referring to the "Total" Control on the SubForm. 

This way, the Total is calculated of the records on the SubForm and the Control on the Main Form simply shows the same amount with the Control in the Form Footer of the SubForm.

Van Dinh

• Marked as answer by Justin.ITPro Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:42 AM
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:11 PM
  • Thank you...  I figured it would be something simple.  I always make things too complicated.  It now works like a charm.

Justin Edwards Owner, Triad Techx Email: justin.edwards@triadtechx.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:44 AM