How can we show the same result outcome across suites in the same test plan? RRS feed

• Question

• We have enabled the option "Show same outcome of the tests in multiple suites under the same plan" enabled in the test plan configuration, however we are not seeing the latest outcome show up when the same test case is used in multiple suites in the same test plan.

You can see the option enabled in this screenshot

<screenshot to be added once I have access to add it>

In the background, the requirements-based suite is visible showing 4 tests all in "Active" outcome.

One of the tests is selected with the recent test results pane open showing a previous run with a "Passed" outcome, which was executed in a query-based suite in the same test plan.  This test run had the same Configuration (Windows 10).

Based on my understanding of the option, I would have expected the "Passed" outcome to show in the requirements-based suite for this test case, not "Active".

How can we achieve this behaviour?

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:10 PM

Answers

• We investigated this issue in-depth over email, and found a discovered a product issue. The issue will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks
    Manoj

• Marked as answer by Gary J Lo Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:21 PM
    Sunday, April 16, 2017 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our end. The "Show same outcome of the tests in multiple suites under the same plan" option for the test plan is working as designed. Note that it outcome will be marked for the tests with the same configuration. If you are still facing the issue, drop us a mail at devops_tools@microsoft.com with screenshots and we will be happy to investigate it further.

Thanks
    Manoj

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:52 AM
  • Hi Manoj,

Thank you for the response.  I forwarded the question to the email you provided but I got a bounce saying that I was not permitted to send to the following groups: tri@microsoft.com, vscsscomm@microsoft.com, vsate@microsoft.com

I am not sure if my email reached the proper contacts.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:32 PM
  • We investigated this issue in-depth over email, and found a discovered a product issue. The issue will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks
    Manoj

• Marked as answer by Gary J Lo Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:21 PM
    Sunday, April 16, 2017 3:27 PM
  • Hi Manoj,

We are developing an application with C# to get the result i.e. outcome value.. our case is also same like we will be having same test case id's under different suites and all suites will be under single plan id. When we tried to get the OUTCOME of a particular test case id under a particular suite id, getting "None" as the result, even though corresponding test case id result is with Passed/Blocked/Failed etc....

This above issue described with C# also comes under discovered product issue ?? If NOT, please help me with code how can I get it .. ??

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED WITH THIS REGARD.. :-)

Thank You,

Ravi Prakash

Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please guide or navigate me on how to set this below option.. ??

"Show same outcome of the tests in multiple suites under the same plan"

Regards,

Ravi Prakash

Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:55 PM