none
How can i get the list of events in office365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement as following

a) I need to sign in with office365 account
    b) After signin it will ask me to schedule events for 15 min or 30 mins.
    c) If i selected one then it will fetch the office365 existed events from my account.

Up to now i am fine , I have one question here. I want to create a url like this

http://mywebsite.com/user1

In this url you can found a button for scheduling a events for 15 mins or 30 mins, When ever we clicked on 15 mins button we need to show the available times and dates for that user1. How can i fetch this info from office365? Any suggested solution for me?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi rajaram,

What's the technology are you developing with? As far as I know, if you were developing EWS or Exchange managed API, we can use the ExchangeService.GetUserAvailability. Please refer to link below for more detail:

How to: Get free/busy information by using EWS in Exchange

If you were developing with Office 365 REST API, it doesn't provide such service. We need to get the events for a period of time and write the custom algorithm to calculate the available time.

In addition, if you still have problem about Exchange developing, you can reopen a new thread in Exchange Server Development forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a requirement as following

a) I need to sign in with office365 account
    b) After sign in it will ask me to schedule events for 15 min or 30 mins.
    c) If i selected one then it will fetch the office365 existed events from my account.

Up to now i am fine , I have one question here. I want to create a url like this

http://mywebsite.com/user1

In this url you can found a button for scheduling a events for 15 mins or 30 mins, When ever we clicked on 15 mins button we need to show the available times and dates for that user1. How can i fetch this info from office365? Any suggested solution for me?

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:20 AM
  • Outlook for developers could be of a better assistance on this, maybe a moderator can help moving it there.

Also check the below useful links to view operations available on the outlook api:

Outlook Calendar REST API reference

Get Events operation

Fouad Roumieh

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Hi rajaram,

What's the technology are you developing with? As far as I know, if you were developing EWS or Exchange managed API, we can use the ExchangeService.GetUserAvailability. Please refer to link below for more detail:

How to: Get free/busy information by using EWS in Exchange

If you were developing with Office 365 REST API, it doesn't provide such service. We need to get the events for a period of time and write the custom algorithm to calculate the available time.

In addition, if you still have problem about Exchange developing, you can reopen a new thread in Exchange Server Development forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:15 AM