none
C# - ReportViewer(.rdlc) RRS feed

• Question

• The export in the reportviewer does not work appropriate in production server. On exporting to excel, the file is enforced to save. While saving, the extn appears as .xls[1]. The user have to change to "All files" and save it as ".xls". When the data is large (approximately 25 pages), then it gives out a blank page. Same case exist while exporting to .pdf. Is there any new component/reference I need to add to make this work?

Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:22 AM

All replies

• Sounds like your talking about two different problems.   If your getting blank pages, I'd recommend checking your papersize settings in the .RDLC file since they may be a bit off.  Or your page break commands/footer settings are a bit off.

In regards to the file naming...I haven't looked at that yet, but I see what you mean.  I'll check into it, and if I figure it out I'll be sure to post back.

Friday, December 14, 2007 5:54 PM
  •  

Exactly, there are two different issues raised when exporting from RDLC.

1) Incase of export to .PDF, there's no issue when the number of pages is less than 25. When its beyond 25, none of the pages appear and gives out a blank explorer. Checked page settings, break commands and Footer also.

2) While exporting to excel, the page is not opening with right extension. 

These issue occured only in production server and not in my local machine. Both are using VS 2005 and ASP.Net 2.0.
    Monday, December 17, 2007 5:41 AM
  • well I'm actually not having this problem now that I looked at it.  

mines putting the brackets after the name of the file, but not after the extension, so not sure how that is happening to you.   At first I'd wonder if your using an old edition of reportviewer, but I assumed the build on your local machine is the exact same build on the server? Same webconfig, and all that?

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:25 PM
  •  About extension:
    The problem in URL when parameter "FileName" is empty.

Parameter is empty when you load your report by follow code :

this.ReportViewer.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(readStream)

Parameter is NOT empty when you load your report by follow code :

this
    .ReportViewer.LocalReport.ReportPath = "file path";

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:42 PM