SharePoint Approval Workflow (oob) Task Reassignment and Task Change Request Not Creating New Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I have an approval oob workflow in SP 2010 document library. The initiation task assignment works fine. However, when the task assignee tries to reassign a task or request a change the approval workflow does not create new tasks for the reassignment or the change to the next person. No email notification is delivered too. All oob workflows on all sites are having this issue. I don't know what else to do here after exhausting many tests to resolve. Critical approval workflow to the organization. Help.
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:35 PM

All replies

• Does all users have contribute rights to Workflows Tasks list?

Thanks

Kislay

Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:39 PM
  • Hi Kislay-

Yes, in a fact I am using my account plus two other co-workers as testers. Plus, I tested with contribute and full control rights on all accounts. No email notifications and no new tasks, still. Thanks for your quick reply.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 10:20 PM
  • Please open the problematic workflow in SharePoint designer 2013 and find out if the Reassginment and Change Requests option are checked in the task process:

1.Open your document library in SharePoint Designer.

2.Go to workflows -> click your workflow ->Edit workflow -> click Approval -> check Reassginment and Change Requests.

Try above if you have not, source https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c90aaf77-8d55-4eef-b3c0-fad85ba6d485/cannot-reassign-a-sharepoint-approval-task-request-as-address-book-and-check-names-doesnt-work?forum=sharepointgeneral

Thanks

Kislay

If this answers your query please mark reply as answer

Thursday, February 9, 2017 10:30 PM
  • Yes, I tried that earlier today and still no luck. I even opened the properties of the Approval process by right clicking on the Approval process task. Still, no dice. But thanks...this is a tricky one
    Friday, February 10, 2017 3:33 AM