Edit PHP Files on my PC with Expression Web? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I edit PHP files on my PC using Expression Web?  I know that Dreamweaver has the capability and am hoping the same is true of EW.  Any help will be very much appreciated?  Thank you.

Monday, August 8, 2011 4:14 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can.

Monday, August 8, 2011 4:43 PM
  • And if you want to try it out there's a downloadable trial.
    Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Thank you for the reply!  Just to clarify, I'm looking at a template available in Joomla and Drupal formats and its instructions say it requires a PHP editor and Photoshop.  No problem with Photoshop, but I'm interested in knowing whether one or both of these formats (Joomla/Drupal) are editable using Expression Web.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Yes both are but you will need to install PHP and probably MySQL if you want to test locally. You can use the Microsoft Web platform installer to install both of those and possibly Joomla and/or Drupal as well. Then set EW to open the local site via its file path and you may need to set it to preview using a custom url for your local install.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Thank you for your help with this!
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:53 PM
  • Arhkah, please Mark As Answer those posts which answered your question. It is the polite thing to do, and will help others looking for this information.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:30 PM
  • Yes, EW can let you edit PHP files, but it's pretty crappy at editing source code. Use something better, e.g. Komodo, Netbeans.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 8:44 PM