none
EDI parties RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to do export/import the edi parties without database functions using BizTalk 2006 R2.
    Thanks, Raja
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:09 AM

Answers

• Raja,

You can export the bindings from the group or from an individual application.  Either way, you will get the bindings for all the ports.   If an application doesn't have a send port, then you won't see one in the bindings.

This is separate from the parties.  When you start to export the bindings you must check the box to export parties.  Doing so will get exactly the same bindings as above, except that ALL parties will be exported to the bindings.  Whether or not a party has a send port makes no difference.  The bindings are in XML so you can view them in an editor.   Just do an export, including parties, and take a look at the XML.  I think doing so may help you answer most of the questions you may have about bindings.

Hope this helps,

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:10 PM

All replies

• Raja,

You can export them as part of the bindings.  If you want only the parties, create an empty application and export the bindings from there.

If you only want a subset of the parties, just edit the bindings XML file.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Jim, Just guide me if my statement wrong here. I have parties which is having sendports info and also some of them doesn't fed sendports info. In this case, how i could do export?

Thanks, Raja
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:26 PM
  • Raja,

You can export the bindings from the group or from an individual application.  Either way, you will get the bindings for all the ports.   If an application doesn't have a send port, then you won't see one in the bindings.

This is separate from the parties.  When you start to export the bindings you must check the box to export parties.  Doing so will get exactly the same bindings as above, except that ALL parties will be exported to the bindings.  Whether or not a party has a send port makes no difference.  The bindings are in XML so you can view them in an editor.   Just do an export, including parties, and take a look at the XML.  I think doing so may help you answer most of the questions you may have about bindings.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:10 PM
  • This is my bad memory. gotcha.
    Thanks, Raja
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:23 AM