Scaleout and .NET client RRS feed

• Question

• User-1065034143 posted

If I have a farm of say 2 servers connected with a backplane (Sql Server), and I use the SignalR .net client to call a Hub method, does it get called on each server?

Same thing, if I on one of the servers get a handle to the local hubcontext, and call a method on it, does it get called on both my server and the other?

Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:23 PM

Answers

• User1711366110 posted

Hi Johnkwaters,
      As per your case,refer the following details :
      When a message is sent from client, it goes to the backplane, and the backplane sends it to every server. When a server gets a message from the backplane, it puts the message in its local cache. The server then delivers messages to clients from its local cache

The cursor mechanism works even if a client is routed to a different server on reconnect. The backplane is aware of all the servers, and it doesn’t matter which server a client connects to..

Limitations :
     Using a backplane, the maximum message throughput is lower than it is when clients talk directly to a single server node. That's because the backplane forwards every message to every node, so the backplane can become a bottleneck. Whether this limitation is a problem depends on the application.

Click here to know more about the details of scaleout in signalR.

--
    with regards,
    Edwin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 1:48 AM