Problem while fetching data from Teradata in SSIS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am  trying to fetch data from Teradata and getting error "Function 'TD_LZ_DECOMPRESS' does not exist". On enquiring with source data team I was told that on some columns algorithmic compression has been defined using fastpath UDF’s TD_LZ_COMPRESS/TD_LZ_DECOMPRESS.

I can access the data from Sql Assitant but from SSIS I am getting error. There seems to be an inability to decompress such data by invoking the decompression algorithm while accessing through SSIS packages. I was using ODBC connection to connect to TD and details are as below:

1. Sql Assistand and BTEQ: "14.0" and Teradata "BTEQ 14.10.00.03"
    2. ODBC Version: 14.00
    3. Sql Server: Sql Server 2012

We raised this issue with Teradata and they found that, it is a bug with existing ODBC version and suggested to use .NET Data Provider for Teradata. I tried with Ado.Net Connetion using .Net Provider for Teradata but got same error message "'TD_LZ_DECOMPRESS' does not exist".

Version for .Net Provider is 13.11.0.0

Can you please help me with this issue. I would appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks, Mohit.

• Edited by MohitM_1982 Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:02 AM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:22 AM

All replies

• It is (my guess) because you try to access the Teradata DW which is compressed. I think you cannot with either conventional drivers (be it ODBC or ADO.NET), so the workaround is in finding the proper driver (Google/Bing), or ask the Teradata admins to extract the needed data to a standalone storage.

Arthur My Blog

• Edited by ArthurZ Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mike Yin Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Thanks for replying Arthur.

I am exploring options and will keep on trying but still not got any solution yet. From TD perspective, souce team can't make any changes because data is accessible via Sql Assistant. Its something that I will have to handle in SSIS only.

Regards, Mohit

Thanks, Mohit

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:57 AM