metro ui apps - Are there any Metro applications that we can download and install?

Question

• hello, i was just curious if there are any metro ui apps that we can download and install? i remember seeing in the developer preview video that the lady had an app called "video". how can we get this and other apps? thank you :)
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• Later you will be able to download apps from the "Store" But that is currently unavaible in this developer preview. You can make your own apps but you can't get other applications yet.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    • Marked as answer by cp0020 Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:41 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hey there,

As far as I know, for the Windows Developer Preview, the preloaded Metro UI applications are the only ones currently made available to test with.

Thanks,

Bobby 

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Later you will be able to download apps from the "Store" But that is currently unavaible in this developer preview. You can make your own apps but you can't get other applications yet.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    • Marked as answer by cp0020 Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:41 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:37 AM
  • Anyone know what the Microsoft stance is on giving away the source code for any Metro apps we write?

I was thinking that until the store goes live we could write some demo Metro apps and then give away the appropriate .sln & code (as Microsoft do on their samples site) and let people fire up VisDev 2011 and build and deploy them themselves. Obviously you wouldn't give away your 'killer' app that will turn you into a millionaire but at this early stage in Metro I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism from other developers. 

Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:42 PM